AnithaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 6

Hi,

On Day 6 we drove couple of hours to the neighboring state of Washington to see an active Volcano called Mount St. Helen's. It was a beautiful drive throughout with tall trees and the greenery. Before i started for the trip i really didn't know there were active volcanoes in Oregon and Washington. It was a surprise to me. So we reached the Mt. Saint Helen's in the late afternoon. You can buy tickets at the Johnston Ridge Observatory and take a walk to view this beautiful volcano. Read in the history displayed there that the last it erupted was in 1980 and there is a chance for another eruption in our lifetime. Guess we have to wait and watch for that event :). There is also a long path not so close to the volcano but a long hiking trail where actually people were walking along. It will definitely will take hours i guess ( i am not sure about the timing) to walk such a long trail. 

Mt. Saint Helen's Johnston Ridge Observatory - You see in the photo there is a depth it erupted there and you can see the path of the magma flow down.

PXL_20221008_002123985.jpg

We spent about an hour walking and just taking in all this beauty and started to drive back to Portland, Oregon. On the way we did see this beautiful sunset and the bridges connecting it. There are lot of over look points for people to take photos.

PXL_20221008_012109562.jpg

PXL_20221008_012416927.jpg

PXL_20221008_012358587 (2).jpg

Thanks for reading my post.

Anitha Muthu
Portland, OR, USA
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 6

Hi @AnithaM 

The place seems very beautiful and yes the sunset picture is awesome.  You can create a photo album in Google photos, add more photos and paste the link in your post. The photos in the album will not count to your 1000 photos limit. 

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 8

Beautiful pictures buddy @AnithaM and the sunset picture is amazing 😊.

Connect Moderator

The view of the sun setting on the mountain is really beautiful! @AnithaM 

Your trip to Washington must have been a real thrill.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Thank for your comments @Gurukrishnapriya , @Mukul_Anand and @NareshDarji . 

Anitha Muthu
Level 10

A beautiful share @AnithaM 

How is the weather up there? In Arizona, we had some colder days last week. On Thursday November 3rd, it was around 50 or so degrees F, and it was extra windy. 

💙

Level 8

Thanks @AZ_2021 .The weather was great during the day except in the nights it is little chilly just need a light jacket. Yep It is cold now in AZ as well.

Anitha Muthu
Level 8

@AnithaM this sixth day driving to Portland was another remarcable and beautyful good time and adventure.I understand that somebody's advice convinced you,,,I am also decided to,one day,follow the same route,,,

Level 10

Level 8

Hello @AnithaM 

Nice Capturing....

I am passionate about capturing beauty of evening sky photographs.

you can see my some collection from photography : 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Capturing-Beautiful-Sky-Photographs/td-p/36...