AnithaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 7 LAST DAY

Hi Fellow LG's,

So the last day of the trip to Portland, Oregon we just wanted to do hiking in the forest for one last time before we headed to the airport. We went to the connector trail and wildwood trail for a hike. It was a beautiful morning and the temperature was just right. It just felt so good to walk in the forest with such tall trees and lush greenery around you. The sun is not able to come through because of the tall trees, yet i got a beautiful shot of the sun rays trying to get through all the branches and leaves and touch the ground. It's like Sun and the earth are playing hide and seek. As soon as the sun rays hit on the trees, the leaves as if it turned from green to golden color. Below is my favorite pic of the last day.

Wildwood Trail

PXL_20221008_222838076.jpg

Beautiful trunk of a tree, i was just thinking just how many years it would have taken for this tree to grow this tall and this thick. We should stop cutting the trees and plant more which might help in the climate change i guess. 

PXL_20221008_222122331 (2).jpg

PXL_20221008_222942502.jpg

Also i took a photo of the famous slogan of Portland - "Keep Portland Weird"  

PXL_20221008_215140555_2.jpg

There is another Portland neon sign which i wanted to take but never got the time to take it. But it's ok there is always another time. 

Thanks for reading my post. I really appreciate all the likes and comments.

Anitha Muthu
14 comments
Level 6

Re: Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 7 LAST DAY

My home town has received a lot of criticism in the past few years, but it will always be home to me . I'm glad you enjoyed it. Please come again. 

Level 8

Hi @ScottOstby I am so sorry didn't mean to criticize but just said what i noticed and genuinely felt sad. I removed that from my post. Portland is a beautiful city because it has great weather and forests which i really loved. Just all the greenery is so amazing which is missing in AZ 😊

Anitha Muthu
Level 8

Hi @AnithaM Thanks for sharing your Portland story with us. I like the Wildwood trail. It's really nice. I wish I would there..

Md Saiyen Azad (Chattogram, Bangladesh)
Guiding Stars 2022

You can check out my recent post about Sandakphu-Phalut Trekking

Instagram
Level 8

Betreff: Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 7 LAST DAY

Wie schön @AnithaM, dass du uns mitgenommen hast auf deiner Reise!

Die Waldbilder sind wirklich toll geworden 🌲🌳

Über mich | Liebe Grüße aus Lage, der kleinen Zuckerstadt im schönen Lipperland, gelegen im Westen von Deutschland

Level 8

Betreff: Trip to Portland, Oregon - Day 7 LAST DAY

Thank you @Stephanie_OWL for your comments. The forests are so beautiful and a hike in the nature will be so healing.

Anitha Muthu
Level 8

Thanks @Saiyen for your kind words.

Anitha Muthu
Level 8

Thanj you @AnithaM for those 7 days driving around Portland,Oregon.What a beautyful week it was for you,your friends and ourselves the Local Guides Connect users.One more reason to say THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE.

Level 8

Thanks @IamJoseFelixAranda . It definitely is the best place for trip.

Anitha Muthu
Level 6

Oh no I'm not offended whatsoever and in fact, I agree with everything you put forward. No need to delete anything. This was a glorious place at one time, but Portland has fallen into shambles as of late. We are slowly climbing our way back out and I am confident that we've turned the corner on the super negative stuff that we've been living through and hopefully we will return to that "shining city on the hill"soon enough. Thank you for your post!