KattyGeltmeyer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

why can't I use the voices of Speech Recognition & Synthesis

@DeniGu and co: when I use navigation while travelling, I can get auditive instructions. But it seems maps has its own set of voices. I prefer the Dutch for Belgium voices that are available within Speech Recognition & Synthesis. Why can't I use the voices of Speech Recognition & Synthesis while using google maps? Thanks for asking the google maps teams. Sincerely, Katty

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Thanks in advance for your help.
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: why can't I use the voices of Speech Recognition & Synthesis

Hello @KattyGeltmeyer ,

I hope you are doing well.

I'm tagging our Google moderator @AngieYC  again to share thier thoughts about your question.

And I'm sorry that you are getting the answer late. 

Just a small advice, that next time if you have any questions about Google maps or Connect, please post your question in How-tos section, there you can get quick reply by one of Connect moderators especially @ErmesT -& @MortenCopenhagen 

Thank you. 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Google Moderator

Hi @KattyGeltmeyer,

Is there a particular reason why you prefer the voices within Speech Recognition & Synthesis? Is it related to accuracy or something else? The best way to share your thoughts about this is by sending feedback directly through Maps.

As @KashifMisidia mentioned, the How-tos section is the most suitable for asking questions about the Local Guides program and Maps. I will move your post there for you. Thank you for your understanding.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Hi @@@DeniGu: Thanks for moving my post to the "how to" section. If I would see the "how to" in the list of categories when chosing one for starting a post, I for sure would chose it but nvda and localguidesconnect are often wrestling with each other. I know that within google maps you can use a voice for Dutch Netherlands, but not the Dutch Belgium voices that are available within speech recognition and synthesis. I would prefer to give the user to chose the voice he or she likes, if the choices are limited and the user prefers another voice for following instructions, ... Sending feedback within an app isn't easy when you aren't handy with the virtual keyboard. I prefer sending feedback by using an accessible website. Thanks for the help you can offer. Sincerely, Katty

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Thanks in advance for your help.