TravelClever's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A memorable trip near Mumbai in Monsoons

SATARASATARA

Well, in my previous post, I shared my Staycation experience at The Fern Residency Hotel, Satara, and about the beautiful road trip from Mumbai to Satara. Going ahead I would now share some beautiful places I have been to in this city.  

There were two amazing places we visited during our trip to Satara. These places were located on the outskirts of the city. It was a bit of an adventure to visit these places as they were on the hills. Although the roads were good, you have to drive carefully. There were a few curvy roads during the drive.

We visited the Chalkewadi Windmill Farms and the Thoseghar Waterfalls. These places are located nearby each other, so you can plan a trip to visit both of them together. 

CHALKEWADI WINDMILL FARMSCHALKEWADI WINDMILL FARMS

The Chalkewadi Windmill Farms is a dreamy place on the hills with a row of Windmills. It is one of the most beautiful places in Satara. You can click on some beautiful pictures here. It is a perfect place to spend some time in the evenings. 

THOSEGHAR WATERFALLSTHOSEGHAR WATERFALLS

Then, we visited the Thoseghar Waterfalls. It is another must-visit place in Satara especially during monsoons. This place is very well maintained and is surrounded by lush greenery. There are beautiful trails to reach the waterfalls. You have to buy an Entry Ticket to visit the Waterfalls. The Ticket prices are nominal. It is a well-maintained place. 

BHELBHEL

Also, we tried some local food in Satara. It was a great experience visiting the local eateries and trying some of the street food here.

Have a look at a detailed video tour in the below link

https://youtu.be/V3ecw5TfAnQ 

Khushbu
Satara, Maharashtra, India