TravelClever's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Cafe Hopping in Pondicherry

CAFES IN PONDICHERRYCAFES IN PONDICHERRY

Pondicherry is a beautiful Union Territory of India. There are some spectacular beaches and beautiful buildings with French architecture. French ruled in Pondicherry for many years. You will find beautiful ancient houses with French influence. You will also find French cuisine served at many places here. 

Pondicherry is well known for its beautiful cafes serving some delicious food. You will find some great Cafes in the famous White Town in Pondicherry. The interiors and food in some of the cafes have a French influence. I have listed down some of the must-visit cafes in Pondicherry. Also, I have mentioned some of my favourite restaurants in Pondicherry in the list.

CAFES IN PONDICHERRY

Baker Street

BAKER STREETBAKER STREET

This is a Bakery cafe serving delicious Bread and Bakery Products. You must try their Butter Croissants. Also, reach early at this place as they go out of stock by evening.

Cafe Des Arts

CAFE DES ARTSCAFE DES ARTS

This is one of the popular Cafes in Pondicherry. It is known for the beautiful paintings done on its walls.

Le Cafe

LE CAFELE CAFE

Located near Rock Beach Promenade, this Cafe is known for its sea-facing ambience and coffee.

Coromandel Cafe

COROMANDEL CAFECOROMANDEL CAFE

One of my favourite Cafes in Pondicherry. I liked their unique vintage-like ambience and interiors. The Coffee here is amazing. Also, they serve relishing Cafe Food.

Cafe Xtasi

CAFE XTASICAFE XTASI

Cafe Xtasi is famous for its Wood Fired Pizza. The fresh and piping-hot pizza has a perfect crust and taste.

Zuka

ZUKAZUKA

Zuka is known for its Desserts like Chocolates, Pastries, Tarts and Cakes. They have one of the best cakes and pastries in Pondicherry.

Surguru

DOSA AT SURGURUDOSA AT SURGURU

Surguru is a pure vegetarian restaurant serving all types of Indian cuisines. My favourite is the South Indian Food served here. The Dosas and Idlis at this place are relishing.

Dilliwala 6

DILLIWALA 6DILLIWALA 6

Dilliwala 6 is one of my favourite restaurants in Pondicherry. It is located in White Town and has a very good ambience. This restaurant serves delicious North Indian Food. I had their Paneer Subzi and Dal Tadka which is very good.

If you are planning Cafe Hopping in Pondicherry, then this is the perfect article to visit all the popular Cafes.  

CLICK HERE to see the detailed video for must-visit Cafes in Pondicherry and Delectable Restaurants

LG'S - 

@NareshDarji @TravellerG @ajitthite @Tejal @Tushar_Suradkar 

@Shrut19 @Mukund_hirpara_ @Rushabh_Sindhav @Onkarjadhav @Rohan10 

Khushbu
Pondicherry, Puducherry, India
10 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Cafe Hopping in Pondicherry

@TravelClever 

Ein guter übersichtlicher Beitrag mit schöner Erklärung und Darstellung in Bildern 

Connect Moderator

Re: Cafe Hopping in Pondicherry

Agree with @Annaelisa 

Cafe hopping is another interesting activity in Puducherry besides exploring the architecture, churches, temples, and beaches.

@TravelClever Wonderful photos and post 👍

Level 8

Thank You @Annaelisa. You can also see the video attached to the article

Khushbu
Level 8

True @Tushar_Suradkar it has been a tourist's favourite thing to try different food offered in the Cafes. I will soon be coming up with an article about some beaches you must visit when in Pondicherry.

Khushbu
Level 9

@TravelClever 👍😊 nicht das ich mich nicht dafür interessieren würde. Videos, dieses ist 8,5 Minuten lang und ich bin immer irgendetwas am erledigen. Ich schaue meistens so zwischen Tür und Angel auf mein Smartphone, erledige das eine oder andere. Sachen die längere Zeit benötigen lege ich erst mal beiseite bis ich mehr Zeit habe. Also ich habe bisher nur den Anfang gesehen und kehre später zurück.😊

Google Moderator

Hi @TravelClever,

This is such a great list of cafes! It's the perfect thing to share on our Food & Drink board, so I will move your post there for you.

Would you say that cafes in Pondicherry are affordable? What features should a cafe have to make it on your list of favorites? 

By the way, I think that adding the Maps link to each cafe will be super helpful for those Local Guides who'd want to visit them!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@TravelClever Your captured picture are so wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us.

Md. Jakir Hossan

Level 8

That is fine @Annaelisa . But thank you for taking the time out to watch my video. I appreciate it. Thanks a lot

Khushbu
Level 8

Thank You @DeniGu. Well, affordability depends on person to person on how much they want to or can spend on dining.  But I can say the rates are reasonable at the Cafes.

An ideal Cafe for me is that it has to have a beautiful ambience, and good food to offer. So, one of my favorites with both these combinations on the list is COROMANDEL CAFE. Although all the cafes were very good, but Coromandel is my personal favourite.

Also thank you for the idea to share the link to maps. 

Khushbu