Closedpapers's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Contributions not registering/updating on badges

Hi!

I've submitted multiple inquires via email & no one's reached back to me as of yet. 

I started having this issue almost a year ago.

One of the badges will not update despite anything I do. Under badges - the "Novice/Expert/Master Reviewer" badge will not update. Currently, I am in the Expert reviewer & was looking forward to breaking into the master reviewer title finally after years of reviews & photos. 

Under the "helpfulness" section, it says I have to provide 50 reviews with over 200 characters. I made it a point to make every review a minimum 200 characters each, without being repetitive or condescending (trying to stick to the guidelines & general decency). 

It worked for a bit, but I've been stuck at 27 for the longest time now. No matter how many (well over) 200 character reviews I post, it doesn't go up.

This has discouraged me from reviewing on Google for awhile now. I've probably only reviewed a handful of places since I first tried to troubleshoot.

I've even got a new phone which obviously didn't fix the issue. 

I'm very sad that I can't review without the award system honestly. Would love to get this fixed so I can get back to helping out businesses, locals, & tourists.

Please help! Thanks!

iOS 17.4.1

Iphone SE 64GB (2020?)

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Contributions not registering/updating on badges

Hello friend @Closedpapers, I am very sorry about your situation. Perhaps your issue has not gone to their notice. I wold like request Connect Moderator @MortenCopenhagen   to kindly help and guide.

Signature Image
Connect Moderator

Re: Contributions not registering/updating on badges

Hi @Closedpapers 

There are no email support available to Local Guides.

The issue you are facing is that quite a lot of your reviews are taken down = hidden from public view. Such reviews do not come by towards your badges.

I can confirm from your public profile that you have added 155 reviews and only 62 of them are public.

Google has automatic filters that hide your reviews so only you can see them. This can happen when some of your reviews violate the review guidelines.

Read about typical review guideline violations here. And please see my latest post called 4 Tips on writing better reviews

If you are on a Desktop use this link to Count your hidden contributions. From a mobile device use this link.

If you want to identify which of your reviews are hidden check this post.

Please use the form called Account Investigation for contributions not visible on Google Maps if you believe that some of your contributions have been wrongfully unpublished. Keep in mind, it takes several weeks for the check to be done, and you will not be notified about the result, so I suggest you check the status of your reviews once a week or so.

Best of luck
Morten