HinalLad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Cruising Through Paradise in Alleppey Backwaters! #PART 4

Cruising Through Paradise in Alleppey Backwaters! #PART 4

#1 A dream come true: cruising the Alleppey backwaters with loved ones, creating memories that will last a lifetime.#1 A dream come true: cruising the Alleppey backwaters with loved ones, creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Day 6:

The sun peeked through the misty hills of Munnar as we embarked on our journey to Alleppey, the "Venice of the East." A four-hour drive stretched before us, promising a transition from verdant mountains to serene backwaters. But before surrendering to the tranquility, we indulged in a guilty pleasure: a Domino's pizza overlooking the Alleppey backwaters. It was an odd juxtaposition, yet oddly satisfying.

#2 A picture of the Riverland Houseboat!#2 A picture of the Riverland Houseboat!

Our excitement soared as we boarded the Riverland houseboat, a private haven with two rooms, a hall, and an upper deck. The midday sun cast a warm glow on the polished wood, and the air buzzed with the gentle hum of the engine. As we glided through the emerald waters, the initial nervousness melted away, replaced by a profound sense of calm.

The crew pampered us with delicious meals – breakfast, lunch, and dinner – each course a symphony of local flavors. While we savored the culinary delights, the upper deck became our personal viewing platform. We clicked countless pictures, capturing the captivating beauty of the backwaters – swaying coconut palms, rustic villages, and vibrant birdlife. We even took turns steering the houseboat, feeling a sense of accomplishment as we navigated the gentle currents.

#3 A picture of the interiors of Riverland Houseboat!#3 A picture of the interiors of Riverland Houseboat!

For five magical hours, the houseboat was our haven, a world away from the hustle and bustle. We stopped twice along the way, exploring quaint shops and soaking in the laid-back charm of the villages. As the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink, we reluctantly returned to the shore.

Staying in a houseboat on the Alleppey backwaters is an experience that transcends mere sightseeing. It's a journey into the heart of Kerala, a chance to reconnect with nature and embrace the simple pleasures of life. The gentle sway of the boat, the breathtaking scenery, and the warm hospitality of the crew create memories that linger long after the journey ends.

#4 Houseboat life: where the biggest decision is which shade of green to admire next#4 Houseboat life: where the biggest decision is which shade of green to admire next

If you find yourself in Alleppey, don't miss the opportunity to explore the backwaters. Whether you choose a day trip or an overnight stay, prepare to be enchanted by the magic of this unique landscape. The houseboats, with their traditional charm and modern amenities, offer a comfortable and unforgettable way to experience the soul of Kerala. So, pack your bags, grab your camera, and get ready to embark on a journey that will leave you yearning for more.

Riverland houseboat: https://maps.app.goo.gl/bB2sngwk47ueTyHo6

Accessibility check: 

Tips and Recommendations:

1.Choosing the Right Houseboat:

• Budget: Houseboats come in various styles and budgets. Choose one that fits your comfort level and desired amenities. Budget boats offer basic facilities, while luxury boats have air conditioning, private balconies.
  • Duration: Opt for a shorter trip (overnight) if you're unsure.
  • Group size: Pick a houseboat that comfortably accommodates your group. Overcrowding can affect comfort and enjoyment.
  • Facilities: Consider your needs carefully. Do you want Wi-Fi, or a kitchen?

2.Before You Embark:

• Book in advance: Especially during peak season (December-February) and local festivals.
  • Negotiate: Negotiate the price directly with the houseboat owner, especially if booking through local agents.
  • Carry essentials: Sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable clothing, sunglasses, and essential medication.
  • Clarify the itinerary: Discuss activities, meal inclusions, and any extra charges upfront.

3.Making the Most of Your Journey:

• Embrace the slow pace: Relax and enjoy the scenery. Unplug and reconnect with nature.
  • Engage with the crew: They are a wealth of information about the region and culture.
  • Explore the villages: Hop off at local villages to experience everyday life and interact with the people.
  • Enjoy local cuisine: Most houseboats offer traditional Kerala meals prepared onboard.
  • Respect the environment: Avoid littering or polluting the water.
  • Carry cash: Not all areas have ATMs, and some expenses might be cash-only.

4.Additional Recommendations:

• Choose a responsible operator: Opt for houseboats that follow sustainable practices and support local communities.
  • Bring binoculars: Enhance your wildlife spotting experience.
  • Pack light: You won't need fancy clothes – comfort is key.
  • Learn some basic Malayalam phrases: It's a thoughtful gesture towards the locals.
  • Be mindful of noise: Respect the serenity of the backwaters and keep noise levels reasonable.

The perfect houseboat experience is about more than just the vessel itself. Choose one that aligns with your budget, desired amenities, and interests to create a truly unforgettable journey through the enchanting Alleppey backwaters.

@Tushar_Suradkar @TravellerG @ajitthite @Shrut19 @Tejal @NareshDarji @Mukund_hirpara_ @Rushabh_Sindhav @TravelClever @RosyKohli 

Alleppey, Kerala, India
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Cruising Through Paradise in Alleppey Backwaters! #PART 4

Alleppey backwaters and the houseboat are unique dream places to be.

We went there twice and on one occasion also could watch the Nehru Boat Race.

All photos are nicely captured @HinalLad 

The facilities inside the boat look impressive 👍

All the tips at the end of the post highly appreciated.

Level 9

We also had a great experience here on the houseboat; it was for a day only, max. 6 hours, if I remember correctly.

We had a bit older boat than I see here, but the same thing was: a grand experience everyone should have at least once.

Thanks for sharing with us. @HinalLad .

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 10

So grand... Nicely presented post, dear LG friend @HinalLad,

Of course, till Covid, we used to stay for one or two days (we own a premium 3 bedroom Houseboat) every year...now, we our visit is overdue!

Yes, I faintly remember my first stay in a Houseboat in 2002 or so... Thrilling... Exciting...even today, the experience is way beyond words... 

And, whether vegetarian or non vegetarian... The food is something, most of all the Houseboats serve...

Well explained post with very impressive photos...

Congratulations... 

The Tips are also excellent. 

(looks like you forgot to Serial number your photos...right?) 

Thanks for sharing and tagging me... 

Best wishes for more... 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar Thank you for reading the post.

Level 8

@ajitthite That's great Ajit, I think you have experience the day (during day time )boat which is basically for 6 hours. The post I have written is about 1 night stay in the houseboat and therefore it has all the facilities. 

Level 8

@TravellerG Thank you for reading my post and also for reminding me about the serial number. 

Level 8

nice post, @HinalLad and thanks for sharing it with us 

Hows it for solo trip?

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Insta||My Post Gallery|| Hex sticker design competition winner

Level 8

@Praniketmore Thank you for reading my post! Yes you can do solo or in groups or with family as well. 

Level 7

Hey @HinalLad 

That's a very beautiful post about the houseboats in God's own country aka Kerala. I did have a virtual tour with your post 😍 The instructions you mentioned at the end are remarkable and noteworthy. Thanks for sharing your trip experience with us here on Connect. Looking forward to such amazing posts.

P.S.: The pictures are pretty captures indeed! 🤩

Lots of love and best wishes
Mayuri Kubal
#LocalGuideOfMaharashtra
#IndiaLocalGuide

Check my latest post here  5 Years of Local Guiding and many more to come!!!