cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

I m not receiving local guide emails

Hello,

I need help

My gmail is on my local guide account but i nolonger receive emails regarding my year in review, or month  in review or a badge update or level update or about the contributions i make on google maps. How do i fix it, i have checked my subscriptions , everything is on.

I didnt receive my year in review for 2019 email or the november, December month in review emails or mu recently obatined expert fact finder badge email.

• Regards
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: I m not receiving local guide emails

Hi @KingNamoonga,

in such cases you can try removing all your subscriptions and then re-enable them to make sure you are correctly subscribed:

- Unmark all subscriptions and save the settings

- Logout from your Local Guide account and close completely the browser (note: not the Exit from LG program button just below the notifications settings)

- Open again the browser, navigate to the Local Guide settings page and login again (here you should have all subscriptions disabled)

- Mark back all subscriptions and save the settings

Unfortunately you cannot check if the issue is fixed straight away as you should be checking if you will start receive mails at the time they are sent.

One general suggestion, kindly mention the person you are replying to with the @ symbol followed by the Connect username, like I did for you, so the person will receive a notification and be aware about your reply.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @KingNamoonga,

thank you for your question.

First of all check if your general Local Guides mail preferences are enabled for every category you wish to receive, this setting can be checked on the home page of the Local Guide Settings.

If they are all enabled I suggest then to check if you have the mail inside your Gmail Spam, it might be possible that if you marked one of them by mistake then they all follow your marking going all in the Spam folder.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 8

I m ticked on all topics. I have no email.in my spam folder for local guide updates. I jave had issue for a while,  been trying to fix it so i have spent alot of time under my email settings but nothing has worked. I dont know if my gmail was pushed off the mailing list.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @KingNamoonga,

in such cases you can try removing all your subscriptions and then re-enable them to make sure you are correctly subscribed:

- Unmark all subscriptions and save the settings

- Logout from your Local Guide account and close completely the browser (note: not the Exit from LG program button just below the notifications settings)

- Open again the browser, navigate to the Local Guide settings page and login again (here you should have all subscriptions disabled)

- Mark back all subscriptions and save the settings

Unfortunately you cannot check if the issue is fixed straight away as you should be checking if you will start receive mails at the time they are sent.

One general suggestion, kindly mention the person you are replying to with the @ symbol followed by the Connect username, like I did for you, so the person will receive a notification and be aware about your reply.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @KingNamoonga,

I wanted to let you know that I am going to mark @LuigiZ's reply as a solution to your post as it answers your question.

Have a great day!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks @LuigiZ   ,i will try it out. Hopefully i can receive my month in review when they get sent out.