Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Guides Photo Walk Meet Up : Capture the Enchantment of Kanheri Caves at Mumbai.

Meet Up Banner.Meet Up Banner.

Calling all Local Guides..!

Join us on a captivating photo walk through the ancient glory of the Kanheri Caves in Borivali, Mumbai on 3rd March 2024.

Nestled amidst lush greenery, these Buddhist caves, carved out of the hillsides centuries ago, are a treasure trove of history, art, and architecture. With this meet-up, we aim to capture the essence of this world heritage site through our lenses and share our unique perspectives with the world on Google Maps.

Why Kanheri Caves?

• Historical Significance: Dating back to the 1st century BCE, the Kanheri Caves were once a thriving Buddhist monastery complex, housing hundreds of monks and pilgrims. The intricate carvings and sculptures within the caves offer a glimpse into the life and practices of ancient Buddhist communities.
  • Architectural Marvel: Carved out of basalt rock, the caves showcase remarkable skills in sculpting and design. From the grand Chaitya Hall to the serene meditation chambers, each cave has its own distinct character and charm.
  • Natural Beauty: The caves are enveloped in lush greenery, offering a welcome respite from the bustling city. The serene ambiance and breathtaking views from the hilltop make it a perfect spot for photography and relaxation.

Meet Up Details:

• Date: Sunday, March 3rd, 2024.
  • Time: 11:45 AM onwards.
  • Location: Kanheri Caves, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali, Mumbai.

What to Expect:

• Guided exploration of the Kanheri Caves.
  • Photography tips and tricks from experienced Senior Local Guides.
  • Ample opportunities to capture unique and breath-taking photos.
  • Fun and interactive session with fellow photography enthusiasts.
  • A chance to learn, share, and grow your photography skills.
  • Chance to meet & greet with other local guides.

Contribution on Google Maps:

This meet-up is a great opportunity to contribute to Google Maps and enrich the platform for future visitors. We encourage everyone to:

• Take high-quality photos of the caves and upload them to Google Maps
  • Add missing information or update existing details about the caves
  • Share your experience and reviews on Google Maps.
Schedule: 
  • 11:45 Hrs: Meet at the main entrance of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park at Borivali; carry out entry formalities.
  • 12:00 – 14:30 Hrs: Heading towards Kanheri Caves by BEST Bus. Photo walk around the Kanheri Caves. This is a great opportunity to capture the beauty of the ancient caves and the surrounding nature.
  • 14:30 - 15:30 Hrs: Refreshments and snacks/Lunch. Contribution session on Google Maps. Participants can add missing information, update existing information, and answer questions from other users about the Kanheri Caves and the Sanjay Gandhi National Park.
  • 15:30 Hrs: Wrap up and farewell.

Let's Explore and Connect!

This photo walk is a fantastic chance to explore the hidden gems of Mumbai, learn about its rich history, and connect with fellow Local Guides who share your passion for photography and exploration. 

Please RSVP by February 25th 2024 to help us plan accordingly. You can RSVP by clicking on this link of Registration form.

Additional Tips:

• Wear comfortable clothing suitable for walking on uneven terrain.
  • Be mindful of the cave etiquette and maintain silence while inside the caves.
  • Carry a power bank to ensure your camera doesn't run out of battery.

Note: You have to bear your own expenses during meet up which includes refreshments/breakfast/lunch/ BEST bus tickets/ Entry Tickets in National Park/ Kanheri Caves Entry tickets etc.

Benefit of attending meet up: Google Local Guides meet-ups is a rewarding experience that offers personal growth, community engagement, and the chance to make a real difference.So, grab your phone, put on your walking shoes, and head out to the Local Guides meet-up..! You won't regret it.

We're excited to explore the Kanheri Caves with you..!

#LocalGuides #MumbaiMaharashtraLocalGuide #KanheriCaves #PhotoWalk #LetsGuide.

Special thanks to @ajitthite for helping me design the banner.
Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
27 comments
Level 10

Re: Local Guides Photo Walk Meet Up : Capture the Enchantment of Kanheri Caves at Mumbai.

Wow...

Amazing ...

I can't wait... This will be a great opportunity to be with you all and share some valuable time with you all...

I shall be reaching Mumbai by 9 am...rest we shall plan accordingly...

Thanks for this excellent opportunity.

Eagerly waiting... to see you all soon...

Regards with thanks, once again, my dear @Rohan10 

🤝❤️🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

Re: Local Guides Photo Walk Meet Up : Capture the Enchantment of Kanheri Caves at Mumbai.

Absolutely, I agree with @TravellerG sir! I can't wait to meet you all again @Rohan10 .

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Connect Moderator

Congratulations on this meetup dear @Rohan10

Looking forward to meeting everyone in Mumbai soon 👍

Level 8

वाह @Rohan10 वाह best wishes to your meet-up 🤝

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 8

Very excited for Mumbai Meetup to meet all LG in Maharashtra 

I am Coming from Pune 

Happy Guiding ❤️ 

Level 9

@Rohan10 

Wow, I had been to kanheri caves with school kids picnic after that never got chance to go.. 

My best wishes to your for grand successful meet up. 

Will be there with you to welcome all local guide. 

Level 10

You are right, dear @ajitthite Ji...

I'm extremely excited to meet you all in person soon... 

We will reuniting after a year and one month from Feb 2023...

Thanks @Rohan10 for this wonderful opportunity...

🤝❤️🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

Hello Community..

I am new to Mumbai and so..so...excited to come to this Meet up..So may I have this opportunity with you all...

Connect Moderator

Best wishes for your great meetup @Rohan10 

Hope to join you all virtually.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.