HinalLad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My Balinese Adventure Begins! #PART 1

#1 Island Hopping and Unexpected Delights: A Day of Discovery in Bali.#1 Island Hopping and Unexpected Delights: A Day of Discovery in Bali.

Kuta Chronicles: Part 1 - Arrival and Appetites

Day 1 in Bali

#2 A picture of  snaps taken by me on the way to Bali.#2 A picture of snaps taken by me on the way to Bali.

Bali Bliss: From Mumbai to Kuta's Culinary Delights and Footy Paradise!

Our trip to Denpasar, Bali began with a bit of a surprise! While our flight originated in Mumbai, we had a layover in Vietnam, where unfortunately, our luggage decided to take a vacation of its own.

#3 A picture of our Hotel Sol by Melia Kuta ,Bali.#3 A picture of our Hotel Sol by Melia Kuta ,Bali.

After waiting for our bags to arrive, we finally reached our hotel, SOL HOUSE BALI KUTA, in Kuta by evening.

Feeling weary from the 12-hour journey, we ventured out for dinner at PUNJAB GRILL, a delightful Indian restaurant just a short walk away (around 800 meters). We savored a delicious plate of paneer tikka masala with wheat bread, the perfect way to end a long travel day. To truly unwind after dinner, we treated ourselves to a relaxing foot massage, melting away any lingering stress and setting the stage for an unforgettable Balinese adventure!

Day 2 in Bali

#4 A picture of the morning view at our hotel in kuta, bali.#4 A picture of the morning view at our hotel in kuta, bali.

We woke up to a beautiful scene from our window at Sol House Bali Kuta. The best part about staying at this hotel was definitely the location! There was a street shopping market right outside the hotel entrance, which made it very convenient to shop for souvenirs and other goodies throughout our stay. We fueled up for a day of exploring Kuta with a delicious breakfast at the hotel.

Nusa Dua Bliss and Soaring High: An Unforgettable Bali Day.

#5 A picture of the shore at Nusa Dua beach.#5 A picture of the shore at Nusa Dua beach.

Our first full day in Bali kicked off with a scenic scooty ride to Nusa Dua beach, conveniently located near our hotel. The pristine sands and turquoise waters made for the perfect backdrop for capturing stunning photos. The idyllic beach vibes were just the beginning, though!

#6  A picture of my first adventure sport : Paragliding in Nusa Dua, Bali.#6 A picture of my first adventure sport : Paragliding in Nusa Dua, Bali.

Next, we embarked on an exhilarating adventure – my first ever attempt at paragliding! The location, situated close to the beach slide, offered stunning launch points. The pre-flight jitters were quickly replaced by pure exhilaration as I took off in tandem with a certified pilot.

Soaring high above the breathtaking landscape of Bali was an unforgettable experience. The feeling of weightlessness and freedom as you glided through the air.

This incredible experience added a whole new dimension to our Balinese adventure, leaving us with memories that will last a lifetime.

Paradise Beaches, Delicious Detours, and Monkey Mischief: Our Bali Adventure Continues.

#7 A picture of the overview of Pandawa Beach.#7 A picture of the overview of Pandawa Beach.

With adrenaline pumping and excitement buzzing, we continued our journey to Pandawa Beach. This hidden gem, tucked away in a secluded cove, offered a serene contrast to Nusa Dua's vibrancy. The crystal-clear waters and soft, white sand provided the perfect backdrop for another round of amazing pictures.

As the sun climbed higher, hunger pangs started setting in. Fortunately, a delightful surprise awaited us – Utsav Indian Cuisine at Garasi Restaurant. Initially seeking a taste of home after all the excitement, we were blown away by the biryani. Flavors exploded with every bite, surpassing even our favorite Indian restaurants back home. You perfectly described it as "water mothering delicious"! The accompanying raita added the perfect finishing touch to an absolutely heavenly lunch.

#8 A picture of the Karang Bom Cliff.#8 A picture of the Karang Bom Cliff.

Refueled and ready to explore further, we set off for Karang Bom Cliff. However, a heads-up from locals revealed the presence of mischievous monkeys with a reputation for snatching belongings. This unexpected detour added a touch of adventure (and perhaps a healthy dose of caution!) to our day.

Uluwatu's Enchantment: Sunset, Sarongs, and a Touch of Culture.

#9 A picture of the surroundings at Uluwatu temple.#9 A picture of the surroundings at Uluwatu temple.

Our Balinese adventure continued with a journey to Uluwatu Temple, a captivating cliffside sanctuary bathed in the island's mystical aura. Here, respect for the local customs is key. Sarongs are provided for visitors to ensure proper attire for entering the temple grounds. While the inner sanctum is reserved for Balinese worshippers, the surrounding areas offer stunning vistas and opportunities for capturing unforgettable pictures.

Though we opted to skip the long queue for the renowned Kecak dance performance (famous for its captivating fire and chanting), the promise of an awe-inspiring sunset after 6 pm was enough to keep us captivated. As the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in a kaleidoscope of colors, we witnessed a spectacle that truly lived up to its reputation – one of the most amazing sunsets in Bali.

#10 A picture of the chilled coconut along with their very unique SNAKE fruit that i found on the way.#10 A picture of the chilled coconut along with their very unique SNAKE fruit that i found on the way.

Exiting the temple grounds, a refreshing treat awaited us – chilled coconut water straight from the fridge. Unlike the ones back home, these coconuts were giants, easily satiating two thirsty souls!

To cap off this incredible day, we indulged in another delicious Indian cuisine dinner, followed by a relaxing foot massage. It was the perfect way to unwind after a day filled with cultural exploration and breathtaking sights.

Tips and Recommendations for Your Stay in Kuta, Bali:

Accommodation:

• Variety is the spice of life: Kuta offers a wide range of accommodation options. Budget-conscious travelers can find hostels and guesthouses.
  • Haggling is an art form: While some prices may be fixed, don't be afraid to politely negotiate, especially for longer stays or during the off-season.

Exploring Beyond the Beach:

• Markets and Shopping: Kuta offers a shopper's paradise! Explore the bustling Kuta Art Market for souvenirs, handicrafts, and local textiles. Hone your bargaining skills and be prepared for a sensory overload of sights, sounds, and smells.

Food and Drink:

• Warungs are your friend: Warungs are small, family-run restaurants serving delicious and affordable Indonesian fare. Don't be afraid to step outside your comfort zone and try new things!
  • Nightlife: Kuta is known for its vibrant nightlife scene. From stylish beach bars to lively nightclubs.

General Tips:

• Respect the culture.
  • Bargaining is expected.
  • Beware of scams.
  • Carry small change.

Google maps location link:

1.    Sol By Melia Kuta Bali: https://maps.app.goo.gl/2grEkxuzsgRut64z5

2.    Punjabi Grill Bali:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/yKkSU1YjWnVrnxHu7

3.    Nusa Dua Beach: https://maps.app.goo.gl/PLAiZSzcJbQvMheY8

4.    Pandawa Beach: https://maps.app.goo.gl/kU3qiomuDVisqpmE7

5.    UTSAV Indian & Western: https://maps.app.goo.gl/aXu2mkBusYPAA6jS7

6.    Karang Boma Cliff: https://maps.app.goo.gl/hUzMFNfkpL3VBAGf6

7.    Uluwatu Temple: https://maps.app.goo.gl/wYd9BgLsmZp7FFaG6

Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
15 comments
Level 7

Re: My Balinese Adventure Begins! #PART 1

Nice Story Telling dear @HinalLad 

Happy to read your detailed post about Bali...

Good details of Bali's food, beaches, and paragliding experience...

👌🤗

Level 8

@bhayani_naitik Thank you for reading my post. 

Level 8

@HinalLad Thank you for sharing a comprehensive post. It really motivates us to visit Bali.

Level 10

@HinalLad, Congrats on your Balinese escapade! Your trip report had me hooked from start to finish. The way you described every detail made me feel like I was right there with you, soaking in the sights and sounds of Bali. Cheers to more epic adventures ahead! 

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |

Level 9

Betreff: My Balinese Adventure Begins! #PART 1

@HinalLad 

Ein herrlicher Reisebericht aus Bali und dieser hat einmal mehr meine schönen Erinnerungen an Bali geweckt.

Die beigefügten Bilder sind sehr schön und dass das Gepäck auch zwischendurch Urlaub eingelegt hat darüber musste ich sehr lachen. Es sind so Situationen die einem auf Reisen passieren können.

Level 8

A well conceived writeup @HinalLad . Very interesting to read your travel experience. How many days you have planned? The pictures are so good.  Yes baggage vacation is humorous @Annaelisa  and there are delays in getting our baggage.

My daughter had an experience for getting her baggage after 4 days when she visited Comoro Islands.  She always says a set of dress in backpack or cabin baggage should be taken.

Passionate about
#Temple Art & Architecture
#Nature lover
#Save the Trees
#Typewriter Artist

. Happy Guiding.

Level 8

Thank you @Hemang_Rindani for reading my post!

Level 8

@ModNomad Thank you for your kind words.

Level 8

Betreff: My Balinese Adventure Begins! #PART 1

Hey @Annaelisa Thanks for reviewing my post.