Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New feature on Maps : How I Use the Air Quality Index (AQI) Layer on Google Maps and its benefits.

Do you ever find yourself checking the weather before heading out for a day of travel or exploration? Well, Google Maps has recently launched a newly innovative feature in India that takes your travel preparation to the next level. The Air Quality Index (AQI) layer on Google Maps has become my go-to tool for ensuring a safe and healthy trip. In this post, I'll share how I use this feature and discuss its many advantages.

The AQI layer on Google Maps provides real-time information about the air quality of a specific area or location. It uses a color-coded system to represent the air quality index, ranging from green (good air quality) to maroon (hazardous air quality). This allows travelers like me to easily identify areas with potentially poor air quality and make informed decisions about our plans.

One of the major advantages of the AQI layer is that it helps protect our health. Poor air quality can lead to respiratory problems, allergies, and other health issues. By incorporating this information into our travel plans, we can avoid areas with high pollution levels and mitigate any potential health risks.

Furthermore, the AQI layer is particularly beneficial for individuals with specific health conditions, such as asthma or allergies. It provides an additional layer of convenience, allowing them to plan their routes and make necessary precautions in advance. For instance, if someone with asthma knows that a particular area has unhealthy air quality, they can take alternative routes or prevent spending too much time outdoors during their visit.

Additionally, the AQI layer is helpful for those planning outdoor activities like hikes or picnics. It enables us to choose locations with better air quality, enhancing our overall experience. Nothing ruins a beautiful hike more than struggling through heavy pollution or smog. With the AQI layer, we can ensure that our outdoor adventure is both enjoyable and safe.

Moreover, the AQI layer is an excellent tool for raising awareness about air pollution. When using Google Maps, millions of users can access this important information, helping to spread awareness and encourage action towards improving air quality. By collectively using this feature and prioritising areas with better air quality, we can promote a healthier environment for ourselves and future generations.

Caption: GIF showing the steps to enable AQI Layer on Google Maps Desktop Version. It is somewhat similar in Mobile Apps also.

In conclusion, the newly launched Air Quality Index (AQI) layer on Google Maps has become an essential feature for my travel planning. Its real-time air quality data, color-coded system, and health benefits make it an incredible asset for any traveler. By incorporating this feature into our plans, we can prioritize our health, avoid areas with poor air quality, and ensure a safer and more pleasant journey. So next time you're planning a trip, don't forget to check the AQI layer on Google Maps – your lungs will thank you!

Have you tried using AQI layer on Google maps?

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
12 comments
Level 9

Re: New feature on Maps : How I Use the Air Quality Index (AQI) Layer on Google Maps and its benefit

This is very important feature as far as the current situation of air quality in our cities. Air Pollution is one of the biggest threat to us right now and only we can resolve it by following important norms.

This feature is very helpful for those with asthma, breathing problem tec., if anyone can find out the AQI of the place they are going to visit, it will help them in thier planning.

Thanks for sharing this important info @Rohan10 !!

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Connect Moderator

Re: New feature on Maps : How I Use the Air Quality Index (AQI) Layer on Google Maps and its benefit

Thank you for explaining this important topic in simple language @Rohan10 

I am aware about the importance of AQI and how it affects our health but was not aware that we can access it in Google Maps.

Not tried it yet but checking it out right away 👍

Level 10

नमस्कार,

@Rohan10 

माहितीपूर्ण लेख, आमच्या सोबत शेअर केल्याबद्दल धन्यवाद..

Level 8

Rightly said @ajitthite Dada... This feature is very helpful to plan environmentally safe trip using Google maps. Thanks for visiting my post and offering your kind words. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Thanks @Tushar_Suradkar for your prompt action of using this feature. Its my pleasure to share it with our global LG community. Also, thank you for your kind words. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

धन्यवाद @Shrut19 ताई. तू माझ्या पोस्टला भेट दिल्याबद्दल खूप आभार.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 7

Interesting new feature.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the post @Rohan10 

I don't normally check that layer because it is not actually active on my country, while I see that North America, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, UK and Japan are fully covered.

It is indeed a great news, and I hope more countries will be included soon

Level 8

I appreciate your efforts for nice post, i want to make this topic on post, but you did it, so no problem friend @Rohan10 as A Delhi NCR resident I'm & others also well aware in pollution conditions so most of helth concise people & morning joggers like me always check in the AQI level🎚️ , so I read the blog this feature in Google & use in some morning jogging time in field but post is Nice because everyone used Google map. Happy fastivals

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13