HinalLad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Nusa Penida Island Adventure in BALI! #PART 3

Nusa Penida Island Adventure!

Day 4 in Bali

#1 A picture of the dramatic cliffs, hidden beaches, and endless blue - Nusa Penida is a photographer's dream.#1 A picture of the dramatic cliffs, hidden beaches, and endless blue - Nusa Penida is a photographer's dream.

Bali's magic continued to unfold as we embarked on a day trip to Nusa Penida, a captivating island known for its dramatic cliffs and hidden beaches.

#2 A picture of catching the cool sea breeze at Sanur Port for traveling to Nusa penida island by a speed boat.#2 A picture of catching the cool sea breeze at Sanur Port for traveling to Nusa penida island by a speed boat.

An early start saw us racing towards Sanur Port, buzzing with excitement for our adventure. Our trusty steed for the journey was the aptly named "Semabu Hills" speedboat, which whisked us across the turquoise waters in just over 35 minutes.

#3 Our home base for exploring Nusa Penida's beauty - Puri Garden Penida.#3 Our home base for exploring Nusa Penida's beauty - Puri Garden Penida.

Reaching the Nusa Penida shore, we hopped into a cab and made our way to our home for the night, the "Puri Garden Penida." After a quick check-in, we were eager to explore. Our first stop: the awe-inspiring Atuh Beach, located on the opposite side of the island.

#4 Stairway to heaven (or at least an incredible view): Reaching the hidden gem of Atuh Beach in Nusa Penida.#4 Stairway to heaven (or at least an incredible view): Reaching the hidden gem of Atuh Beach in Nusa Penida.

Pro Tip Alert! Diamond Beach and Atuh Beach are two sides of the same coin. For a less challenging experience, access Diamond Beach via the stairs leading down from that side. The trek down from Atuh Beach involves slippery rocks and is quite precarious.

Heeding this sage advice, we ventured towards Diamond Beach. The descent involved a bit of trekking, but the panoramic views were well worth the effort.

#5 Nature's Masterpiece: The captivating rock formations and crystal-clear waters of Diamond Beach.#5 Nature's Masterpiece: The captivating rock formations and crystal-clear waters of Diamond Beach.

Insider Tip: Stunning photo opportunities abound from the top of Diamond Beach. Unless you're particularly set on exploring the sand itself (having already visited from the Atuh Beachside), you can capture breathtaking pictures from this vantage point.

As the day wore on, we retraced our steps back to the hotel, our legs pleasantly (and perhaps slightly painfully) weary from a day of exploration. The trek may have been tiring, but the memories made were priceless.

Day 5

Nusa Penida's Hidden Gems

#6 A picture of the breathtaking views from the Kelingking Beach.#6 A picture of the breathtaking views from the Kelingking Beach.

Daylight bathed Nusa Penida in a golden glow as we woke up for breakfast at our hotel. Fueled by a delicious meal, we set off for the much-anticipated Kelingking Beach. The view upon arrival was truly breathtaking - a dramatic cliff jutting out into the turquoise ocean, creating a natural wonder. Our cameras buzzed with activity as we captured this incredible scene.

Traveler Tip: Be mindful of the playful monkeys who might snatch your belongings – keep an eye on your valuables!

#7 Paradise found! Stunning rock formations and crystal-clear waters at Tembeling Beach.#7 Paradise found! Stunning rock formations and crystal-clear waters at Tembeling Beach.

Next on our adventure list was Tembeling Beach, another gem of Nusa Penida. The journey itself was an experience – a scenic bike ride that felt like a rollercoaster through the lush landscape. For those seeking a more relaxed option, friendly locals offer motorbike rides to navigate the steeper sections.

Upon reaching the starting point, a descent down a set of stairs led us to a secluded paradise.

Tembeling Beach unfolded before us in all its glory – a picturesque cove framed by dramatic rock formations. Here's the Scoop on Tembeling Beach: This unique beach boasts a mesmerizing landscape. Smooth, flat rocks are stacked in a seemingly impossible formation, creating a visually stunning scene. Adding to the charm is a whimsical swing where you can capture unforgettable photos amidst the natural beauty.

#8 A picture of a small natural pool at Tembeling Beach that was the perfect reward after the adventurous descent.#8 A picture of a small natural pool at Tembeling Beach that was the perfect reward after the adventurous descent.

The other side of the beach reveals a delightful natural pool, perfect for dipping your toes in and soaking in the serenity. We spent a blissful afternoon here, swimming, sunbathing, and simply marveling at nature's artistry.

With a heart full of happy memories, we returned to our hotel, bidding farewell to Nusa Penida. We then embarked on a smooth speedboat ride back to Sanur Port, concluding our exploration of this captivating island.

Nusa Penida Adventure Guide:

Planning & Transportation:

• Ferry vs. Speedboat: Choose your vessel wisely. Ferries are cheaper but slower, while speedboats offer a faster yet pricier option. Book tickets in advance, especially during peak season.
  • Accommodation: Nusa Penida offers a variety of accommodation options, from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxurious resorts. Consider your preferences and desired location when booking.
  • Getting Around: Renting a motorbike is a popular choice for exploring the island at your own pace. Taxis and motorbike taxis are also readily available. For those who prefer a guided experience, tours are readily available.

Exploring Nusa Penida:

• Must-See Sights: Kelingking Beach, with its iconic cliff, is a top attraction. Don't miss Diamond Beach, with its white sand and clear waters, and Tembeling Beach, known for its rock formations and natural pool.
  • Beach Essentials: Pack sturdy shoes for navigating uneven terrain and stairs leading down to many beaches. Sunscreen, a hat, and a reusable water bottle are also essential.
  • Monkey Business: Be aware of playful monkeys at some beaches. Don't leave your belongings unattended, and avoid feeding them.

Additional Tips:

• Cash is King: While some establishments accept cards, carrying cash is essential for smaller shops, entry fees, and local transportation.
    • Respect the Culture: Dress modestly when visiting temples and be mindful of local customs.
    • Bargaining: Bargaining is expected at local markets. Start with a fair offer and be prepared to walk away if you can't reach an agreement.
    • Sustainable Travel: Minimize your environmental impact by using a reusable water bottle, avoiding single-use plastics, and respecting the natural beauty of the island.

Bonus Tip: Nusa Penida is known for its strong currents. Always swim in designated areas and heed any safety warnings.

Google Maps link:

Sanur port: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZvJ2HcqDbu2upZmq5 

Puri Garden Penida hotel: https://maps.app.goo.gl/P6baGRdZtfW8GTjB9 

Atuh beach: https://maps.app.goo.gl/KYpbMVZFLeqVPEXRA 

Diamond beach: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ho8FgVrTyikDKydo9 

Kelingking beach: https://maps.app.goo.gl/kZXV8BsLQPsaJRMM8 

Tembling beach: https://maps.app.goo.gl/bGhQPEokmQUU95aD6 

Bali, you stole a piece of my heart, and I can't wait to return and explore more!

@TravellerG @NareshDarji @Tejal @Mukund_hirpara_ @Rushabh_Sindhav @Purvik_mistry @Shrut19 @RosyKohli @Tushar_Suradkar @ajitthite 

Nusa Penida, Klungkung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
13 comments
Level 7

Re: Nusa Penida Island Adventure in BALI! #PART 3

Thenk you @HinalLad it's really helpful for me to plan Bali trip 😊

Level 9

Now I am getting pretty excited about visiting Bali, and with such minute details shared, it will be easy for me.

Thanks a lot for sharing with us, @HinalLad .

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 9

Betreff: Nusa Penida Island Adventure in BALI! #PART 3

@HinalLad mit lesen des Beitrags und Ansicht der Bilder kommt Sehnsucht zu diesem wunderbaren Urlaubsziel auf.

Die Unterkünfte sahen echt süß aus 

Level 10

As our @ajitthite Ji mentioned, your series is making us more inquisitive...

Congratulations dear friend, @HinalLad 

Very impressive photos... And... The captions are very well written and extremely useful. 👌

Photo #1 is the best...and #7 stands next... because of the landscape nature, the colleges are less striking.... (Sorry for my frank comment)

Overall your post is excellent!

Bali, you stole a piece of my heart,

I feel that this will be the fate of most of the visitors...right?

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

Sounds like you're having an amazing trip in Bali! Nusa Penida must be beautiful with its dramatic cliffs and hidden beaches @HinalLad

I really like your storytelling skills. 

After this 3rd part I'm very excited to visit Bali. 

Thank you so much for sharing your travel series with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@HinalLad This trip report to Bali is simply breathtaking! Your vivid descriptions and stunning photos make me feel like I'm right there experiencing it with you. Thanks for sharing your incredible journey! ✈️🌴 #TravelGoals

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |

Level 8

@Mukund_hirpara_ Thank you for reading the post.

Level 8

@ajitthite I hope this encourages you to plan your Bali trip soon.

Level 8

Betreff: Nusa Penida Island Adventure in BALI! #PART 3

Vielen Dank, dass Sie meinen Beitrag gelesen haben, und ja, ich habe die Reise wirklich genossen. @Annaelisa