ModNomad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Pohe–Past–Pilgrimage: Poem on Pune LG’s Heritage Hustle

Travelling by rail from Mumbai to Pune on a sassy Sunday morning is my cherished pursuit & especially to be amongst adorable LG friends it's pure bliss. Count-down & pre-event buzz of the Pune heritage walk was so intense it made me pack the bags a week in advance.Puneri, Mumbai & Maharashtra local guides sporting smiles in front or Lal MahalPuneri, Mumbai & Maharashtra local guides sporting smiles in front or Lal Mahal

To enjoy the thrill of travelling together Mumbai Indians @Shrut19  Tai, @Rohan10 , Balasubramaniam, & I boarded the train Intercity express ripe morning @6am from Dadar - cruising through lush fields - climbing lovely ghats to relish the early morning freshness en-route.

The moment we alighted at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Station, Pune, host @Tushar_Suradkar Dada as the name suggests a fountain of energy was all geared up to pamper us with his homecoming hospitality. What an apt kick-start to a day deemed to be full of delightful moments with local guides’ chatter.

• Our starting point Sudamache POHE symbolic of the Bhagwan Krishna-Sudama friendship we fuelled ourselves with lip-smacking breakfast. Their diverse assortment of poha dishes are wildly popular in the local community. Undeniably, the taste still lingers.
  • Lal Mahal the childhood residence of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was the perfect spot to meander in the PAST. How can I forget the surprise group photo here by Shriniwas Sir @VARUPOET that gave us media publicity? Later Nana Wada, Shaniwar Wada were the other gems that came our way.
  • Synonymous with rich cultural heritage Pune’s PILGRIMAGE places – the majestic Mandirs along the lanes made us bow our head in prayer. Prominent among them  Kasba Ganapati Mandir, Shreemant

Endearing recaps of the heritage walk from Tushar Dada, Ajit Dada, Amit, AbhishekHinal, Shubham & Nilesh have already trending & amassed rave reviews.

Go here to view the photo album of awesome clicks by Local Guides at the event.

KEY OBJECTIVE OF MY RECAP

Now you are wondering why am I reading this boring recap sans photos and just words. Impressed by the heritage walk’s proceedings I couldn’t resist the temptation to scribble a poem (handwritten version here) in honor of the ebullient efforts of Puneri local guides. Take time to read my poem below which has condensed the entire day’s action. I value your feedback on my hilariously rhyming lines:

Poem by @ModNomad to portray the Pune Heritage HustlePoem by @ModNomad to portray the Pune Heritage Hustle

Music is my passion and performing in front of Shree Ganesha the God [Patron] of Arts is my most adored activity. By playing favorite Ganapati Mantra on my harmonica I prayed to God to grant peace, well-being & happiness to all Local Guides, Friends, and their families.

Once again I thank Tushar Dada, @ajitthite Dada for driving me safely to designated spots. Huge shout out to all Puneri & Maharashtra local guides for their love & affection.

Tagging my dear friends @TravellerG @RosyKohli @AdamGT @NandKK @NareshDarji 

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |

Pune, Maharashtra, India
23 comments
Level 8

Re: Pohe–Past–Pilgrimage: Pune’s Hidden Gems Heritage Hustle

Well done @ModNomad  and all your Local Guides friends. You are one good reference and good results of a team mission.

Connect Moderator

Excellent banner photo collage @ModNomad 

Are you publishing the full poetry soon?

I greatly appreciate you taking the effort to travel early morning from Mumbai to attend the meetup in Pune.

Your melodious music kept us going all-day  🎵 🎼 🎶

Level 9

Re: Pohe–Past–Pilgrimage: Poem on Pune LG’s Heritage Hustle

Wowwwww.. @ModNomad what a lovely recap with poem cherishing Meet-Up memories forever 👌👌👌. I shared your harmonica performance within friends & family, and they are now fan of you.🤩

Level 8

Nice recap @ModNomad sir. Your energy and enthusiasm level is great. Very inspiring for all LGs. Nice to see you playing mouth organ.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 10

@Rohan10 Thanks for your kind words. 

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Level 8

@ModNomad @Rohan10 @Tushar_Suradkar 

deepak ji you are best for all our team of maharashta local guide. thanks for nice song on mouth organ.

Level 10

@IamJoseFelixAranda Thanks bro for your kind words and grateful to be the first one to comment on the curtain raiser. Now the entire post is up. Please take time to read my hilarious poem on the meetup. 

Level 10

@mohanghyar Kautuk kelyabaddal manahpurvak dhanyavaad 🙏

Connect Moderator

Your recap post was excellent, well-written, and informative. @ModNomad 

Also, your harmonica performances always create a memorable experience at every local guide meetup.

See you soon in our next adventures! 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.