Rohan10's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Recap - 45th Accessibility meet up by Tushar Suradkar

Photo 1 Caption: Group photo of all the Local Guides attendees.

Hi All LGs,

Recently I attended the 45th Accessibility meet-up by @Tushar_Suradkar at Pune on 17th Dec 2023 at Hotel Green Signal, Pune. Hence, I am sharing this recap with you all and I must mention that I found this meet-up very useful and great also we had a great fun.

Meeting Tushar for the first time

At the 45th Accessible Pune Meet-up which was organised by Tushar I had the pleasure of meeting Tushar, who is the First Indian Local Guide Connect Moderator. It was truly an honour to connect with someone who plays such an important role in facilitating interactions among local guides. Tushar shared valuable insights and discussed the latest updates in the world of accessibility. His passion for making information accessible to everyone was inspiring, and it set the tone for a remarkable meet-up. I met with @ajitthite for the second time.

Photo 2 Caption: A selfie with Tushar and Ajit.

Review of Hotel Green Signal's Accessibility

One of the highlights of the mee-tup was our review of Hotel Green Signal. As accessibility is a crucial aspect of any establishment, it was essential to evaluate the hotel's facilities from this perspective. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating, and they had taken several measures to ensure their premises were accessible to all guests. Hotel Green Signal demonstrated a commendable commitment to inclusivity. The attendees were impressed with the hotel's attention to detail in providing a comfortable and accessible environment for everyone.

Photo 3 Caption: Collage of Photos of Hotel Green Signal including accessibility review.

Review of Food, Ambience and More

Aside from evaluating accessibility, we also had the chance to review the food and ambience of Hotel Green Signal. The restaurant's serene ambiance and thoughtfully designed interiors created a pleasing environment for dining. The menu offered a diverse array of dishes that catered to various dietary preferences, ensuring that there was something for everyone. The flavors were exquisite, and the presentation of the dishes was visually appealing. It was a delight for all the senses, and the meetup attendees thoroughly enjoyed their dining experience at Hotel Green Signal. Here is my Review on Google Maps.

Photo 4 Caption: Collage of Photos by Ajit of food we had at the meet up venue.

Discussion on New Features on Google Maps

During the meet-up, we engaged in a lively discussion centered around the new features on Google Maps. It was fascinating to learn about the latest updates that made navigating the city even more convenient and user-friendly. From real-time traffic updates to enhanced public transportation information, Google Maps had introduced several features to make getting around easier for individuals with different accessibility needs. The attendees shared their personal experiences using these features and provided valuable feedback to further improve the app's accessibility.

Photo 5 Caption: All local guides discussing about features on maps and organising next meet up.

Exploring How to Use the new Features

To ensure that everyone could make the most of the new features on Google Maps, we dedicated a significant portion of the meet-up to exploring how to use them effectively. Tushar, our knowledgeable moderator, and Ajit dada guided us through a step-by-step demonstration, ensuring that each attendee gained a comprehensive understanding of the functionalities. Attendees were excited to learn about the various ways they could optimize their navigation experience using the new features. From finding wheelchair-accessible routes to discovering accessible places of interest, everyone left the meet-up equipped with the knowledge to better utilize Google Maps for their individual accessibility needs.

Photo 6 Caption: Local Guides attendees trying new features on Google Maps.

Meeting New Local Guides and Building Connections

Another highlight of the meet-up was the opportunity to meet new local guides for the first time. It was wonderful to connect with individuals who share a common passion for exploring the city and providing valuable insights to others. The meet-up fostered a sense of community as attendees exchanged ideas, shared tips, and formed new connections. It was a platform for networking and building relationships with like-minded individuals, all united by their mutual love for Pune and their dedication to enhancing accessibility and inclusivity. I felt nice meeting to all local guides attendees specially @abhishekpatk @NGUDAPE @HinalLad @Onkarjadhav @VaibhavPawar007 @ofsanjay 

In conclusion, the Accessible Pune Episode 45 Meet-up was an enriching experience that brought together individuals committed to promoting accessibility in Pune and beyond. From meeting Tushar, the First Local Guide Connect Moderator, to reviewing Hotel Green Signal's accessibility and exploring new features on Google Maps, every aspect of the meet-up contributed to our shared goal of creating a more inclusive society. With valuable discussions, personal anecdotes, and the formation of new connections, this meet-up served as a testament to the power of community and collaboration.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Pune, Maharashtra, India
13 comments
Level 8

Re: Recap - 45th Accessibility meet up by Tushar Suradkar

Tagging more attendees here due to the limit of 10 tags in a post

@Ketan_Kangankar 

@NERKARAMIT 

@Shrikar 

Thank you guys...It was pleasure to meet you all...

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

Wonderful recap dear @Rohan10 

It was delightful to meet you in person for the first time along with @ajitthite 😊

The photo collage showing accessibility is nice and I am surprised to see local guides immersed in discussions even in the waiting lobby.

I hope to meet you soon at the next Pune or Mumbai meetup.

Level 8

Yes @Tushar_Suradkar it was indeed a great meet up and worth to be a part of it in Pune. You have organised it well and information/ knowledge you shared is very important. Thank you for the same buddy. Yes we will meet very soon in Pune or Mumbai. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

That was pleasure to meet with you and all other LGs @Rohan10

It was a great meeting arranged by @Tushar_Suradkar.

You have written this recap very nicely. Thank you. 

Abhishek Patki
Level 9

@Rohan10  thanks for sharing the detailed recap of the 45th Accessibility Meet-up. It was a fantastic event! Meeting @Tushar_Suradkar  sir, @ajitthite sir and exploring new features on Google Maps was enlightening. The review of Hotel Green Signal's accessibility and the vibrant discussions on enhancing inclusivity showcase the community's dedication. Looking forward to more enriching meet-up.

Level 9

Nice Recap as usual, @Rohan10 . You covered rest of the things here. Thanks!

Now we should aim for a big meetup in Mumbai, as discussed. You can discuss this with @Shrut19 tai and the rest of our team there.

I would suggest that if we organize in January–February, it would be better; otherwise, it will be exam time for the kids, and many may miss it. Think it, leaving it for you all! Just let me know what you need from me. 😊

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 8

Kudos @Rohan10 superb Recap & your presence showing your enthusiasm.

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 8

Yes @abhishekpatk it was nice to meet you too. Organiser are best as always. We will surely meet soon.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 8

Same here @Onkarjadhav and I am looking forward to be a part of your meet up at any Fort in Maharashtra. It would be great meet up. Thanks buddy.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel