DenisD24's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Reviews not going public

Hi, 

I have been writing reviews on Google Maps since quite a few years and off late, I have been facing issues with some of my reviews (two of them mentioned below) not getting published publicly.

All of my reviews are genuine i.e. they are of places I have visited, they describe my personal experience of the place, and the photos and videos are the ones captured by me.

I have gone through the review guidelines and I believe the reviews do not violate them. Of course, I have no way to be certain about this as Google does not explain which review/picture/video is the culprit. Neither do I get even a vague message that the review violates guidelines and will not be published publicly. It's up to me to keep checking every time using incognito mode. And when a review is not shown, I have no definite path to resolve the apparent issue. I have tried rewording the review and removing the photos one by one to isolate the issue, but to no avail.

Also, I read somewhere that if Location History is turned on, there is more chance of the review getting published. Is this a factor the AI considers while scanning the reviews?

It is really frustrating to spend a lot of time writing the reviews only to find they are not public. I rely a lot on Google Maps reviews myself while looking at a place to visit, so I want to ensure I share my own experiences with the larger Google Maps community in return. But this recent issue has been proving a spoilsport to that end.

Can someone help me out to know why some review are not getting public?

I hope I am able to find a solution to this issue soon.

Thanks,
Denis

1 comment
Level 10

Re: Reviews not going public

Take a look at the following discussion. 

It is a known issue. @DenisD24 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Highlights/An-update-on-how-we-moderate-Google-Maps-reviews/ba...