HinalLad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Unveiling Lal Mahal's secrets: Local Guides Meet-up in Pune on 17th March, Sunday'24!

Unveiling Lal Mahal's secrets: Local Guides Meet-up in Pune!

#1 A picture of all the Local Guides from Pune and Mumbai who attended the meet-up at Lal Mahal,Pune.#1 A picture of all the Local Guides from Pune and Mumbai who attended the meet-up at Lal Mahal,Pune.

On March 17th, enthusiastic Local Guides from both Pune and Mumbai came together for a fascinating exploration of Pune's historic Lal Mahal (Red Palace). Our adventure began outside the palace walls, where we were greeted by statues depicting Chhatrapati Shivaji himself, his mother Jijabai, and glimpses into his childhood years. Stepping inside, we delved deeper into history through informative posters showcasing the Lal Mahal's rich past. A captivating statue of Jijabai further enriched our understanding of this significant site.

#2 A picture of the front and side view of the Lal Mahal.#2 A picture of the front and side view of the Lal Mahal.

From Shivaji's childhood to historical landmark: The story of Lal Mahal:

Standing tall in Pune is the Lal Mahal, also known as the Red Palace. Built in 1630 AD by Shahaji Bhosale, it wasn't just any palace - it was the childhood home of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the founder of the Maratha Empire. Imagine young Shivaji playing within these very walls, dreaming of the forts he would one day conquer!

#3 Some snaps of the statues at the Lal Mahal which depict Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj , along with his mother Jijabai .#3 Some snaps of the statues at the Lal Mahal which depict Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj , along with his mother Jijabai .

The Lal Mahal wasn't just a place for young Shivaji to grow up, it was also a place where his mother, Jijabai, instilled the values that shaped him. While Shivaji dreamt of forts, Jijabai likely spent time here worshipping and teaching him about courage, righteousness, and devotion - qualities that would become hallmarks of his reign.

Feature of the Lal Mahal:

Architectural Style: The Lal Mahal showcases a mix of Deccani and Marathi architectural styles. Look for the intricate carvings, balconies, and courtyards.

#4 A picture of the badges exchange during the meet-up.#4 A picture of the badges exchange during the meet-up.

Recommendations and Tips:

1. Time your visit: The Lal Mahal is open Monday through Sunday from 9 am–1 pm, 4–8 pm. It's closed on national holidays. To avoid crowds, consider visiting during weekdays.
  2. Photography: While photography is not allowed, please be respectful of other visitors and also avoid using cameras inside the palace.📷
  3. Accessibility: The Lal Mahal is not fully accessible to visitors with disabilities. There are steps and uneven surfaces to navigate within the palace. 
  4. How to Get There: The Lal Mahal is located in the heart of Pune city and is easily accessible by public transport or rickshaw. If you are driving, there is limited parking available near the palace. Also, you can easily travel by train and get down at Shivajinagar station, which is the nearest to the palace. [If you are coming from Mumbai, you can take a train or bus to Pune. The journey takes around 2-3 hours.]
  5. Combine your visit: The Lal Mahal is located close to other popular Pune attractions such as Shaniwar Wada, Kasba Peth Ganapati Temple and market, Vishram Baug Wada,  Consider exploring these sites as well.
  6. Pune has a variety of restaurants serving Maharashtrian cuisine and other Indian and international dishes around the city area.🥗🍲

Google Maps locations:

1. Lal Mahal: https://maps.app.goo.gl/BNZkYokH4WDKctXS9

It was a fantastic day exploring Lal Mahal with all of you fellow Pune and Mumbai Local Guides and also Thanks to Tushar for hosting this meet-up without which it wouldn’t have been possible for me to visit this historical palace.

@Tushar_Suradkar @ajitthite @Purvik_mistry @Ketan_Kangankar @Anannya_19 @abhishekpatk @Rohan10 @ameysun @TravellerG @Akshun_P 

34 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Unveiling Lal Mahal's secrets: Local Guides Meet-up in Pune on 17th March, Sunday'24!

Wonderful recap combined with the history of the place, superb photo collages, and helpful tips.

Excellent recap post @HinalLad 👍

Level 8

Re: Unveiling Lal Mahal's secrets: Local Guides Meet-up in Pune on 17th March, Sunday'24!

NICE MEET AT PUNE

@HinalLad 

Pranav Trivedi

Level 9

This is a nicely covered recap, @HinalLad. Much appreciated.

It was nice to see you all gathering and enjoying every bit of it and making it a successful one.

I like your collages in the film strips here. 

Thanks again.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 3

Had a great time meeting new people, exploring a new area, and learning about its history.🥰

Level 7

@HinalLad , your post about the Lal Mahal meet-up in Pune was fantastic! Although I couldn't attend, reading your description made me feel like I was there. Thanks for sharing your experience—I'll definitely attend the next one 

Vaibhav Pawar
Level 7

It seemed like such a fun time and a lot of history of India 🇮🇳 I wish I could have been there but, you made it seem like at times I was there.  Thanks 👍

Tana Payne
Level 10

Thank you so much for tagging me in this beautiful RECAP, dear @HinalLad!

Congratulations for completing another very successful meetup in Pune! 

Extremely happy that I could see you all enjoying over the virtual meet - great feeling... 

I'm really sad that I could not join you all physically for this wonderful event; however, I promise you to meet you all in Pune after a couple of months. 

Loved reading your post and viewing your photos. 

Thanks for sharing these details, 

Best wishes... 

I'm tagging our friends @Anil6969 @PrasadVR and @AnubhaBangia for their feedback. 

Thanks to you all. 

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

Thanks @TravellerG for tagging me ,

So these 🏆 🥇 my virtually swag to you for writing soo inclusive and icing on a cake with historical tadka awesome. 

@HinalLad 

So nice you left the mark as your name HINA ,keep shairing good practices. 

Regards 

Anil

Anil Singh

Thanks and Regards

Level 7

it was so great meeting the local guid community. The recap shared by Hinal very well describes the venue, facilities and ease of visit to the venue.!