Husseinhaydar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Welcome Why does the Follow button not appear in Google Maps in my personal account?

Welcome Why does the Follow button not appear in Google Maps in my personal account?

If anyone can help me, please comment so I can understand this

Baghdad, Iraq
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Welcome Why does the Follow button not appear in Google Maps in my personal account?

Hi @Husseinhaydar 

Welcome to Connect.

Normally new accounts can not be followed until they have made some good contributions.

I noticed that you have added 65 reviews but none of them are currently public.

Google has automatic filters that hide your reviews so only you can see them. This can happen when some of your reviews violate the review guidelines.

Read about typical review guideline violations here. And please see my latest post called 4 Tips on writing better reviews

If you are on a Desktop use this link to Count your hidden contributions. From a mobile device use this link.

If you want to identify which of your reviews are hidden check this post.

I think you are better off fixing the issue with hidden reviews first.

Please use the form called Account Investigation for contributions not visible on Google Maps if you believe that some of your contributions have been wrongfully unpublished. Keep in mind, it takes several weeks for the check to be done, and you will not be notified about the result, so I suggest you check the status of your reviews once a week or so.

Best of luck
Morten

Level 6

Re: Welcome Why does the Follow button not appear in Google Maps in my personal account?

What is the solution to this? What should I do even though I am a beginner and I added a real and clear picture with an appropriate comment about the places?
Connect Moderator

@Husseinhaydar 

I did my best at guiding you in my first reply. 

Did reading the guidelines and typical violations not ring any bells?

Feel free to share 2 or 3 of your reviews in a reply below. Maybe I can spot something. 

Did you try the appeals form?

Morten 

PS

It would be very helpful if you would use the tagging tool when replying to someone here on Connect. Type @ followed by the username. Type slowly. Then we get an e-mail notification and you are more likely to get a prompt reply. Just hitting Reply does not ensure we get notified by email. 

Level 6

@MortenCopenhagen 

I do not know how to submit an appeal, but I read instructions and did not find a direct website for submitting an appeal

Connect Moderator

Hi @Husseinhaydar 

Please use the form called Account Investigation for contributions not visible on Google Maps if you believe that some of your contributions have been wrongfully unpublished. Keep in mind, it takes several weeks for the check to be done, and you will not be notified about the result, so I suggest you check the status of your reviews once a week or so.

Just click on the link above.

Morten