Nachiket_methre's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

India: The Mango Capital of the world 🥭

India and mangoes share a deeply rooted and flavorful connection that spans centuries, making mango an integral part of the country's cultural, culinary, and agricultural heritage.

Firstly, India is known for its diverse range of mango varieties, with over 1,000 cultivars grown across different regions. Varieties like Alphonso (Hapus), Dasheri, Langra, and Totapuri are renowned for their exquisite taste, aroma, and texture. The mango season, typically from March to July, brings about a festive atmosphere as markets brim with this beloved fruit.

Caption #1: Mango plant in full bloomCaption #1: Mango plant in full bloom

Culturally, mango holds immense significance in India. It is often referred to as the "king of fruits" and is associated with prosperity, fertility, and auspiciousness. Mango motifs adorn textiles, art, and architecture, showcasing its cultural symbolism. Mango festivals, such as the famous Mango Festival in Delhi, celebrate the fruit's diversity and allure.

Caption #2: Unripe mango fruits in the tree.Caption #2: Unripe mango fruits in the tree.

The economic impact of mango cultivation in India is substantial. India is one of the world's largest mango producers, with states like Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Andhra Pradesh leading the production. The export of mangoes, especially Alphonso mangoes, contributes significantly to India's agricultural exports, generating revenue and employment opportunities.

Moreover, mango plays a vital role in Indian cuisine. It is used in a myriad of dishes, from desserts like mango kulfi and aamras to savory curries and chutneys. The versatility of mango in Indian cooking reflects its cultural and culinary significance.

Caption #3: Ripe fruits ready to savourCaption #3: Ripe fruits ready to savour

In conclusion, the relationship between India and mangoes is deeply ingrained in history, culture, and economics. This tropical fruit continues to enchant millions with its rich flavors, fostering a timeless bond between the land and its people.

Nachiket Methre
38 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: India: The Mango Capital of the world 🥭

Excellent post dear @Nachiket_methre 

India is the largest producer and also the largest consumer of Mangoes in the World.

We also have a Mango tree in our house in Aurangabad.

Every year we pick almost 4-5 buckets full of raw and ripe mangoes from the single tree.

It was planted by my father 25 years ago who takes care of it even today.

Level 8

It's great to hear your experience with the Mango 🥭 @Tushar_Suradkar 

Nachiket Methre
Level 9

Very good post  @Nachiket_methre     👍 , mango 🥭 is fruit , it is liked by every one in INDIA.. Uttar Pradesh is largest producer of mango  in India. 

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 8

@Nachiket_methre Nice post,Well described, Actually, India is more Mangoes were first cultivated in India around 5,000 years ago. Mango seeds traveled with humans from Asia to the Middle East, East Africa, and South America beginning around 300 or 400 A.D., and our Konkan region hapus have a distinct identity and taste that cannot be found elsewhere due to soil conditions and climate, but our region is currently experiencing climatic disasters and issues.Konkan Dapoli Krushi Vidyapith promotes the successful growth of several mange breeds. Here are some photos of our alphanso farm and a new breed of alphanso ATM which is looks like bonsai .

#  These photos show our alphanso mangoes at an early stage, only one month old, indicating that they will grow in size. In the last shot, we observe the ATM mango breeding in a soil bag plant with a tiny size of about 1.5 feet, and it has produced one large mango.# These photos show our alphanso mangoes at an early stage, only one month old, indicating that they will grow in size. In the last shot, we observe the ATM mango breeding in a soil bag plant with a tiny size of about 1.5 feet, and it has produced one large mango.

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Insta||My Post Gallery|| Hex sticker design competition winner

Level 7

Great summer special post @Nachiket_methre Sir! Summer is all about mangoes! Though they are now available in all seasons, but summer is mangoes oriented! A mango-ish post, covering all aspects of mangoes market and seasons. It is the most loved fruit and there are so many curated dishes that can be made from mango as its taste and texture blends with every dish! A very thoughtful post! Keep posting such great content for everyone Sir! Really enjoyed reading the post! Always thankful and Regards Sir!

Level 8

Thank you @Praniketmore for your comment on the post that enriched the post even further.

Nachiket Methre
Level 8

Indeed Mango 🥭 is a versatile fruit @AnubhaBangia 

Nachiket Methre
Level 10

That's really inspiring... dear @Nachiket_methre ...

Excellent post with nice photos... I would have added more photos...👍...

"...Varieties like Alphonso (Hapus), Dasheri, Langra, and Totapuri..."

Great!

All the names are very familiar though I am not much familiar with varieties of mangoes...

The most globally-loved fruit should be mangoes... Right? 

Just visited a "Mango Utsav" yesterday along with my wife and we enjoyed it a lot...

I wouldn't state that the exhibition was purely for farmers which was the claim by the organisers...So many stores where there selling clothes and other consumables. 

But, 

Mangoes...! Yes...

Numerous varieties of products made with mangoes or combination of mangoes... I shall be writing a post after sometime...

Thanks for sharing these details... dear friend...

I tag our friends @ShubhamWaman @Shubhu1 @Kumaarsantosh for your post... I'm sure they will like this...

Best wishes...

💓

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

@Nachiket_methre quando criança creci numa área rural e minha casa era cercada por centenas de pés de mangas. Sua postagem me fez relembrar dessa fase feliz da minha vida. Eu era uma criança peralta que gostava de subir nas mangueiras e chupar o fruto ali mesmo, voltava pra casa toda lambuzada de manga. Agradeço por me trazer tão belas recordações de minha infância com sua postagem.

Minhas saudações de felicidade e paz.