AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Hi @GigiR@OliverKIWI@jayasimha78@JorgeSanchezMtz and @indahnuria 

You guys also did well in jumping in early on the new Local Guides 2022 star photos album so now you need to use your data entry form to update the link to your new screenshot so others will be able to find it from the leaderboards which I'm now preparing to update.  For your convenience here is the link that you should enter:

Gigi > https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Local-Guides-2022-Star-Photos/m-p/3146441#M...

Oliverhttps://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Local-Guides-2022-Star-Photos/m-p/3146808#M...

Jayhttps://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Local-Guides-2022-Star-Photos/m-p/3147301#M...

Jorgehttps://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Local-Guides-2022-Star-Photos/m-p/3148138#M...

Indahhttps://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Local-Guides-2022-Star-Photos/m-p/3148636#M...

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

Thanks @AdamGT I've updated it..

Level 10

@AdamGT Thanks for the link. Where exactly in the form I need to add this link? I didn't find the field to input the link

Connect Moderator

@jayasimha78 if you skip to Section 19 in the data entry form you will get to the question headed 2022 Star Photo post and then choose the third option "I need to update the star photo screenshot link".  Then, as you've already got the link, you add it in Section 23 and then skip through to the end making any other changes along the way if necessary (e.g. star date, type of star photo etc) and end by submitting your form 🙂   It should only take you a couple of minutes.

Connect Moderator

Well done @Kahnster that was nice and easy 😉

Level 10

@AdamGT Thank you. That was really helpful, updated the link in the form.

Connect Moderator

Star photo by @SoniaK uploaded onto Google Maps on Sep 5, 2021 and showing the star views as  on Jan 12, 2022Star photo by @SoniaK uploaded onto Google Maps on Sep 5, 2021 and showing the star views as on Jan 12, 2022

This is the exterior view of a Mexican restaurant in Richardson, Texas, USA. This is not my best nor the most liked picture. I understand why it is most viewed as the photos is featured since Sep 21 and it's still there. The restaurant is quite popular here, which explains the most views. 

Level 10

Screenshot_20220114-033613.jpg

Caption: Star photo by @avadhoot141 uploaded onto Google Maps on January 2020 and showing the star views as at 14 January 2022

Photo of Grand Place in Brussels, Belgium taken early in the morning on OnePlus 5T smartphone. 

Level 10

Screenshot_20220114-144448_Maps.jpg

Star photo by @TheLifesWay uploaded onto Google Maps on Feb 2016 and showing the star views as at 3021819.

Thanks

#TheLifesWay #PhotoYatra
Connect Moderator

Betreff: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Well done @Stephanie_OWL the hardest step is the first step and that is to jump in so you've done that and I have to add, done it well.  We're all here to help you so if at any time you have an issue or a question just post it in a comment. 

Regarding the Top 100 leaderboards, if you haven't already done so then I suggest that you read the leaderboard documentation. Then read the posts and comments and take special note of, and try to understand why you are being referred to good example contributions like in the opening of this post where I say:

To see great examples of presentation formats of star photo screenshots taken on desktop see this one taken by @PennyChristie and that by @Jean-IgnaceBE posted here.  For great mobile screenshot examples see those taken by @Theatreperson here, that by @Muhammad_Usman posted here. and that taken by @SoniaK here

Ask yourself why are the specific contributions of these Local Guides being mentioned and those of others are not?  With comments and replies within the posts, even though they may not involve you, it's good to read them all and by this learn from the advice being given to others regarding their contributions.  Yes indeed, learn by doing and I'm learning too and by this improving my contributions both here on Connect and on Google Maps.

It's great to hear that you are willing to learn and not resistant to advice.....and that you will do your best.  OK now regarding your data entry for the leaderboards, believe me you have done really well. Just a couple of minor things for you to correct and you can do this by editing your responses using your data entry form:

1. Regarding the Top 100 Local Guides Points Leaderboards, for the very last question about the number of Ratings in Section 6 Google Maps Profile Data, you have entered 237. However, I'm not at all sure where you got that number from as I think you have 0 Ratings.
  2.  Regarding the Top 100 Local Guides Star Photos Leaderboards, for the screenshot date question in Section 19 you have entered 6/5/2021.  Perhaps this is a terminology problem so I have changed the heading from Screenshot Date to Star Views Date and also improved the description.  In any case for this question, you have entered the date you took the photo when you need to enter the date you took the screenshot, that is the date of the number of views (January 6, 2022)