AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Wow! Wow! Wow! @bfaloona, you've made my day! 

Firstly as a first time participant, let me say welcome to the Top 100 Local Guide leaderboards. Now secondly, why my Wow! Wow! Wow!  It's because you have obviously read and followed the instructions for posting your star photo screenshot perfectly. Thank you Brandon, you are certainly one to follow!

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 6

OAKWoodFireKitchenss3.jpg

Caption: @LDiamond's Star Photo of OAK Wood Fire Kitchen uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-07-27 and showing star views of 351,588 as of 2022-09-23

This photo came about on a family dinner evening outing.

Level 9

Re: Top 100 Star Photos Leaderboards (August, 2022)

Clicked by Rohit Gahlot location Supreme Court of India New Building clicked on  19th july 2019Clicked by Rohit Gahlot location Supreme Court of India New Building clicked on 19th july 2019

Clicked by Rohit Gahlot location Supreme Court of India New Building clicked on 19th july 2019 and updated on 19th August 2022.

Level 10

Caption: @SergeySud's Star Photo of OBI uploaded onto Google Maps on 2017-03-15 and showing star views of 4,264,773 as at 2022-12-13

Caption: @SergeySud's Star Photo of OBI uploaded onto Google Maps on 2017-03-15 and showing star views of 4,264,773 as at 2022-12-13

Herewith my star photo:

Indeed it's not my best photo, but unexpectedly for me it got twice as many views as the one closest. In total, 7 of my photos have received over 1 million views. In total, I have 2993 published photos, 3007 uploaded photos, and 136,135,950 views. Considering the fact that the publication of photos and reviews has been banned in my country for almost half a year, and so the popularity of Google Maps is falling catastrophically, I think this is a not bad result.

Connect Moderator

Hi @LDiamond 

Like in your case and I must say also in mine, it's more often than not a surprise which of our great photos becomes our star.  I believe we can learn a lot from our stars and I hope that you will too.  

In the meantime, to better conform to the steps to add your star photo, would you please edit your post and move the text that you currently have above your screenshot to below the  screenshot screenshot.  Some say I'm fussy but believe me there are good reasons for this. Just leave a blank line above the screenshot 😉

Connect Moderator

Wow fantastic result @SergeySud given the circumstances that you have mentioned. Anyway loading your star photo details here will provide a good base to compare to at some future point in time.  Thanks for following the steps to add your star photo so well. Just one minor comment, if you could please edit and move that one line opening comment to below the second screenshot (you will see that I do ask others to do this as well). I appreciate that you may need to re-write it and perhaps wish to incorporate it in the text that you have below. 

Level 10

@AdamGT  

Thank you for appreciating my humble efforts.

I managed to edit my comment, but only from a smartphone. The UI is very unfriendly, I repeatedly tried to correct the comment from the PC, even through HTML, but the result was always crooked. Finally, it's looks neat now.

By the way, I have published an article on my blog for a long time How to select a photo for publication on Google Maps. Sorry, it's in Russian, so please use Google Translate. The Translate menu should be available on the left side of the page. I hope it can be useful not only for beginners. 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @SergeySud for making the changes which improves it a lot and serves as a good example for others to follow. Thank you also for the link to your article which touches on a subject I planned to write about here on Connect.  After translation it is a great read. I tried to leave a comment but sadly I couldn't translate the reply section.

Level 6

Indeed.  Roger that

Level 9

Dear @AdamGT
I just finished my monthly profile update on the amazing system you made, and for which I have sincere admiration for you.
I would like to point out a couple of things about it below.

First of all, I point out that by accessing the link
often the page remains "blank", and does not allow access, while the link
in other cases it allows access.
From a first check, this would seem to happen when I recently logged in, and the system "remembers" my access credentials (in this case the "index" page does not offer the access box, while the "home" page accesses the platform)

Then I ask you a question related to my "Level User" on the system: until some time ago I remember being at level 8 or 9, and I had started to explore the interesting statistical features offered by the system (compatibly with the limited time available that I unfortunately manage to have lately), and having perhaps noticed an anomaly - to be investigated - in the score of a previous update, which I was unable to register and therefore report.
From the last login I realized that I was downgraded to user level 1, and consequently I no longer have access to the "Leaders", "Vitals" and "Analytics" statistics.
How can I buy back the higher level?

Thank you as always for your tireless work, promising (and hoping) to be more present in this incredible Local Guides Community.
 Best regards