GasparKaren's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Solar Eclipse - Toronto April 8, 2024

Hello Dear Friends Local Guides,

I hope you are all well and taking care of yourselves!

It's been a while since I've been able to come by here, as the weeks are busy this month of April, but we had a very important date this month, and on which I meet many people in different places around the world, mainly in cities in the United States of America and here in Canada.

I'm talking about the Solar Eclipse that happened on April 8, 2024. Here the weather closed during the eclipse, but it was possible to perform different moments with different equipment, and I want to leave these records for you.

Day turned to night in a matter of minutes, and the colors began to dance in the sun!  -  (Image taken by Iphone 11 Pro on the balcony of my apartment)Day turned to night in a matter of minutes, and the colors began to dance in the sun! - (Image taken by Iphone 11 Pro on the balcony of my apartment)

Beginning of the closure of the sun by the moon - Images from the Iphone 11 pro, taken from the building's rooftopBeginning of the closure of the sun by the moon - Images from the Iphone 11 pro, taken from the building's rooftop

Eclipse complete and moon rising - image taken with Nikkon ProfessionalEclipse complete and moon rising - image taken with Nikkon Professional

I hope you like the post!

Hugs and have a good week!
Karen Alves Gaspar
Brazilian living in Canada
Local Guide Level 9
Instagram: @firstkalves
Toronto, ON, Canadá
16 comments
Level 9

Re: Solar Eclipse - Toronto April 8, 2024

Level 8

Photos looks owsome thanks for sharing with us @GasparKaren 

Praniket More || " Having a hobby is sweet for your psychological state – Chanakya " ||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Level 9

Betreff: Solar Eclipse - Toronto April 8, 2024

@GasparKaren 

Danke für die Darstellungen denn hier in Deutschland war davon Nichts zu sehen 

Level 8

@GasparKaren que gran evento, realmente todos los humanos disfrutamos de estos hechos cada vez que pasan. Saludos 

Level 7

Thanks for the great pictures @GasparKaren sun and moon embracing just looks wow 

Level 8

@GasparKaren ,

Thank you for publishing these gripping photos. I haven't seen as many as I expected to, Your's are really quite good. I experienced a total eclipse back in 1971 or 72. Here where I live the totality was supposed to be 96%. It amazed me how much difference that 4% made. No cooling, no confused birds, and softened but distinct shadows.

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Hello My friend and Neighbour @GasparKaren  I loved your quality photos. I am and was just east of you in Durham region and we struggled with a lot of cloud cover as well. I was at Trail Hub which is Durham's highest altitude, it used to be a ski resort. It was a good turnout, below is my best attempt. Either way it was fun to be part of.

Eclipse photo by TerryPGEclipse photo by TerryPG

Level 9

Betreff: Solar Eclipse - Toronto April 8, 2024

@Annaelisa Hello, I'm glad you liked the photos.
Are you sure they couldn't see anything? What a shame!

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9
Level 9

@Rednewt74 My friend, it was really very intense, beautiful and crazy at the same time.
Constantly, some hawks and eagles pass by the window of my house, as my apartment is very high and I live facing a park, and it was very interesting and scary at the same time, to see how the animals were reacting to this movement, and more It's still crazy that the sky opened up in an incredible way after the eclipse.

Karen Alves Gaspar
Local Guide Level 9