Designer_Biswajit's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

10,000+ approved roads on Google Maps! A new achievement has been added to my milestones.

Hello Local Guides,

I am very happy to announce that 'the number of roads added to the map by me recently crossed 10k. I hope that many people will benefit from the roads that I have added.

Caption: Screenshot of my contribution and written on this "10000+ approved roads on Google Maps: A new achievement has been added to my milestones".Caption: Screenshot of my contribution and written on this "10000+ approved roads on Google Maps: A new achievement has been added to my milestones".

It started with adding a road in my own area. Suddenly one day I noticed that an important road in my own area was missing from the map. Added it to the map and a day later I got a message that it was approved. Basically, my enthusiasm has increased since then. I keep finding missing roads around my area and adding them to the map. Thus in a few months I was adding about 300+ roads to the map. 

Then suddenly one day I saw @SholaIB's post about the TRAC. Then I joined them. And since then my passion for adding roads has multiplied. I learned a lot about road mapping with the Track Team by joining their Telegram group. Thanks to the truck team. Basically since then I started drawing roads in other countries besides my country. And during that time the number of roads I added continued to grow exponentially. And I can be in the top ten on the leaderboard while meeting my goal of adding 50k roads to the track!

Caption: A collage of two screenshots. Which shows a highway before editing and after editing by me.Caption: A collage of two screenshots. Which shows a highway before editing and after editing by me.

Basically I love to draw long roads. I noticed there are a lot of long roads missing in my neighboring countries on the maps. I tried to add them to the Map and succeeded. I have also done a number of important road shape (including some highway) edits, which have already been published. 

Caption: A collage of two screenshots of the road I drew. Basically I love to draw long roads like this.Caption: A collage of two screenshots of the road I drew. Basically I love to draw long roads like this.

Now I have shared some screenshots of missing roads in the maps. Although the roads have already been added to the map by me. (Photo- 5 to 17).

Photo # 05Photo # 05

Photo # 06Photo # 06

Photo # 07Photo # 07

Photo #  08Photo # 08

Photo # 09Photo # 09

Photo # 10Photo # 10

Photo # 11Photo # 11

Photo # 12Photo # 12

Photo # 13Photo # 13

Photo # 14Photo # 14

Photo # 15Photo # 15

Photo #  16Photo # 16

Photo # 17Photo # 17

I believe if we all try to add the missing roads around us to the map, the map will be more helpful for everyone. 

Thanks everyone for reading my post.

Regards~

Biswajit Chakraborty, Greetings from Dhaka-Bangladesh
Dhaka, Bangladesh
27 comments
Level 10

Re: 10,000+ approved roads on Google Maps! A new achievement has been added to my milestones.

Hey @Designer_Biswajit ,

great job ! I was a long , difficult and (sometimes) frustrating "road" to achieve this milestone!

Some of us well know what this mean and we thank you for this.

The many hours we have dedicated, the effort we have made, and sometimes the frustration disappear quickly when we think about the great benefits that our contribution also brings to an ever better system.

Take care

Ciao

Marco

TRAC Badge
Level 7

Re: 10,000+ approved roads on Google Maps! A new achievement has been added to my milestones.

Without any doubt, this is a great milestone @Designer_Biswajit 
It's showing your passion for Google Maps. 

Congratulations 🎉🎉

Say "NO" to Plastics. Kindly Use Alternative, Even It Little Costly

Level 10

Congratulations dada @Designer_Biswajit 

Great Job Dada 🥰

MD PAPEL MAHAMMUD , BANGLADESH LOCAL GUIDE

Read My Recents Post Here!

Level 10

Hello @Designer_Biswajit , Congratulations for achieving this great milestone. You might  have added 20,000 roads because the rate of approval is 50%. Curious to know what is your approval rate? All the best!

Signature Image
Level 10

Congratulations, and THANK YOU for all of your dedication, @Designer_Biswajit. 10,000 roads takes a lot of time and effort. Adding those long roads makes it even more of a challenge. Way to go! 

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 7

অভিনন্দন  @Designer_Biswajit ভাই

Md. Razzuil Baky (Rozzub)
Level 9

Dear @Designer_Biswajit dada

Congratulations 🎊 🎈 on surpassing 10,000 roads added to the Google Maps. Your dedication to improving navigation for countless people is truly commendable. It's inspiring to see how your passion started with a single road in your own area and has grown into a mission to fill in the missing pieces across neighboring countries. 

Happy Guiding 

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Level 10

Hello @MarcoDavoli 

Thanks for your kind words.

You are right, The frustration disappear quickly when we think about the great benefits that our contribution also brings to an ever better system.

Happy Guiding~

Regards 

Level 10

Thank you so much

@NasimJ 

@Papel_Mahammud 

Your encouragement will motivate me more for the future.

Happy Guiding~