jayasimha78's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

2 Billion Photo Views Achieved!

Cover photo created by LG @jayasimha78 with a photo shot at Napa Valley as background, Screenshot of Maps Contribution indicating 2 Billion Photo views

Screen shot of LG @jayasimha78 contribute tab from Google Maps Mobile App.

Here are my top performers 2 photos with 17M+ views, One with 14M+ View and one with 10M+ View.

Here are next set of Top performers, One photo with 9M+ Views, 8 Photos with 7M+ Views.

ViewsNumber of Photos
17M+2
14M+1
10M+1
9M+1
7M+8
6M+9
5M+9
4M+20
3M+40
2M+87
1M+263
Total441

Here is a list of my Top performers with at least a Million Views. There are 441 photos with Million+ Views

Antioch, CA, USA
35 comments
Level 10

Re: 2 Billion Photo Views Achieved!

@AdamGT One more list idea, number of pics with Million+ views? I know you are already working very hard. Any thoughts @TerryPG @JustJake ?

Connect Moderator

Firstly, a BIG congratulations @jayasimha78 on reaching 2 BILLION photo views and having a staggering 441 photos with at least a MILLION views.  As I myself am approaching 1/2 Billion views, I can really appreciate how BIG your 2 BILLION photo views achievement really is.

From memory, your idea for a list covering number of pics with Million+ views, has been mentioned/discussed before. Yes I'd love to do it but I have some questions: what should it look like ? What data should we collect and display?

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10

@jayasimha78  🎉Congratulations dear friend, on reaching an impressive milestone of 2 billion photo views for your contributions on Google Maps, and million+ views for 441 photos. It’s amazing to see the views of other performers in the table. Great. Your achievement  serves as a inspiration for us to follow.

Well done 💐💐 All the best!

Signature Image
Level 10

Level 10

@AdamGT collecting data is little painful, also it is difficult to produce the proof as part of the entry. It is only indication of top performers vs laggards in our photo submission. If my math is correct, the top performers of mine (441 out of 50000+) constitute 500 million+ views, which is 25% of total views. 

Level 10

@jayasimha78  @AdamGT We can regard the screenshots of congratulations emails from Google as a data source, much like star photos. 

Signature Image
Connect Moderator

Exactly @jayasimha78, there are issues - collecting the data and verification, not to mention producing and maintaining yet another  list(s).

I see the idea as a variation of the star photos list(s), in fact, more like the T100 System's Star Tracking feature which, because of resource constraints, is currently fixed to a limit of up to 10 photos per Local Guide.

As others have found, the advantages of the Star Tracking are (a) once you've entered the base data for each photo, significantly less time is required thereafter to routinely update the view counts, and (b) it provides useful comparative charting and data analysis. However, even with these advantages, updating 441 photos would take time so I think if it were possible for this to go ahead, a threshold might have to  be set like for example, only including photos having 5+ MILLION views OR simply increasing the number of tracked photos from 10 to say 50, which, you may recall, is an idea I floated once before.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Hello @jayasimha78 

Congratulations on the achievement of this billionaire club. Keep soaring higher.

Cheers

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

congratulations @jayasimha78  Outstanding numbers, I know as @AdamGT  has mentioned, this has been brought up before and I too would love to see a chart like this. @Mikeinthefalls   has also expressed interest, but this one might be more difficult to maintain.