SusChat's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

A Trip to Dinant

https://goo.gl/maps/arUVvwikAGLsGTgw6 Top View from Dinant CitadelTop View from Dinant Citadel

Dinant is famous for :-

1. Saxophone
  2. The Citadel
  3. The Merveilleuse Cave
  4. Maison Leffe.
  • Saxophone(Adolphe Sax, man who invented Saxophone.Born in 1814 the city of Dinant). 

• The Citadel (It was built in the 11th century by the Prince Bishops of Liège. It was sacked by Charles the Bold in 1466, rebuilt in 1530, then seized by Louis XIV in 1675. New fort were  built by French military, To climb up to the Citadel in Dinant, the visitor has a choice between 408 steps (dating from 1577) and/or taking the cable car (1956, refurbished in 1997) To enjoy a stunning view over the town. In August 1914, violent battles were fought between French and German army units in and around the citadel at Dinant. A century later, the citadel gives the public the opportunity to discover that key moment in our history. One hundred years after the events, the imposing yet poignant setting of the citadel takes modern-day visitors back to the heart of the battles).

• The Merveilleuse Cave (The Dinant Cave, also known among the locals as Grotte La Merveilleuse, translates literally as “The Wonderful Cave". The Wonderful Caves of Dinant were discovered in 1904 by the local workers operating on the regional railroad construction. The cave has 850 meters of galleries, 650 meters of which are widely accessible to visitors)

• Maison Leffe (One of the best things to do in Dinant, if you love beer, is to visit the House of Leffe. While the beer actually originates from Leffe Abbey, which you can also visit in Dinant,you’ll still learn about the history of Leffe while walking the old corridors of an ancient monastery)

Dinant is so beautiful to visit. We spent a day in Dinant. You can buy a ticket from Ticket Counter (11 Euro adult including ropeway) , Boat was not running on that day so we missed it 😞 Including Boat, I think cost is around 22 Euro. Here is the top view from Dinant Citadel.

Dinant, Belgium
5 comments
Level 8

Re: A Trip to Dinant

It is a really beautyful view from the citadel @SusChat .Because Nature and human made things are in good harmony there around.Do you know the name of the river where the boats can sail?'

Level 8

@IamJoseFelixAranda - It's Meuse river. Dinant is a city in Belgium’s Walloon Region. It’s on the banks of the Meuse River and backed by steep cliffs.

Level 7

Dobra fotografija i prekrasan pogled @SusChat 

😊🇭🇷

Connect Moderator

Hello @SusChat 

A nice post,please do you mind telling us more about this beautiful place? Wonder what was your full experience when you visited?

• What are the interesting activities you can enjoy on your visit to the place?
  • Are they dishes you can enjoy or some special delicacy of the place?
  • Did you go there alone or in company?
  • Nice shot what camera or mobile did you use?

Just being inquisitive about the place. Besides that,I love nature too and enjoy visiting them as well. If you have enough information in your post,that will help others pick am interest and probably put it on their bucket list as also.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

@SholaIB Updated some info about Dinant in my post. Enjoy !!!