SholaIB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Approved 50k roads-half time report TRAC

Caption: A cover photo with the figures of our approved roads on TRAC written on it. 50202. Other words floating around the main figure.  @@MarcoDavoliCaption: A cover photo with the figures of our approved roads on TRAC written on it. 50202. Other words floating around the main figure. @@MarcoDavoli

N.B This event is very different from Road Mappers. While road mapper presents the roads and challenges to local guides. We TRACians hunt for the roads to be added personally and add them. 

This season of TRAC is not only exciting but full of energetic road champions. I have to say I appreciate all our participants. Everyone is very active on the job. Like I often say,I have realised that they are the best group of local guides I know. Their dedication their loyalty,they are quite friendly. They are intelligent,they are united and the list goes on....

Now we started this event on the 23rd of March 2024. It's about a month and a half,imagine we have gotten 50k approved roads on Google maps. This is more than impressive,excellence isn't enough to qualify our activities. Far beyond what words can express. Thank you all our participants !!!

Caption: A pie chart of approved roads and top participants on TRAC represented by various colours. @MarcoDavoliCaption: A pie chart of approved roads and top participants on TRAC represented by various colours. @MarcoDavoli

We have achieved 50% of our target. I believe at this rate we will achieve our target in no time. Now we will not plan to increase it as we often do and have done in the past. We will leave it open and fly as high as we can !!! We have learnt alot of skills and made various discoveries regarding adding roads.

Tips and tricks we've learnt.

• Make sure it's clearly seen on satelite mode as a road. The AI on roads like that. Lol
  • Adding roads one after the other gives higher approval rate.
  • Best practice to connect new roads to be added to already existing road ls on Google maps 
  • Shorter roads gets approval quicker 
  • When adding be precise in moving the mouse along the road to be added. Etc...

We have room for a few more dedicated local guides. You can be part of this story. 

How can I join TRAC   ??? 

• Kindly fill out this 👉🏼Form  
  • We also kindly request for a screenshot of your profile photo showing the number of roads you have before participating in TRAC   
  • Username on connect to  be able to access the Google maps profile and to follow your progress as we go along and perhaps tag you on our posts on connect as well.
  • Geographical location
  • There is a link to our telegram group on the form. Feel free to join or not. It's optional. Nevertheless it's very interesting interacting closely outside connect.
  • Meet-up and group discussions are a possibility for instructions and motivations 
  • We will plan to publish top 10 highest contributors at the end of the event in September all being well.

Please Note: This is not a competition it's a simple campaign. It is aimed at creating awareness on drawing roads.It's also aimed at improving the maps network worldwide. There are  no gift or medals at the end of the campaign.it's a voluntary activity like all local guides activities.

Disclaimer This campaign or post about adding roads, is unofficial and it's my personal initiative to help improve the maps. Note that any information collected will not be used for any other official purpose outside connect forum.

Look forward to active participation and interactions over this. All questions are highly welcome and we are open to improving and editing this campaign for good

N.B Please check on the Index-for-TRAC-All-you-need-to-know.  . Thank you.

Happy mapping 

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

N.B please note that the charts are all courtesy of our very meticulous statistician and top member of TRAC @MarcoDavoli .

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Lagos, Nigeria
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Approved 50k roads-half time report TRAC

1000175122.png

1000175121.png

1000175123.png

1000175124.png

These graphs speaks for themselves. They are worth million words !!!

Just for reference sake and future use l will add more data and information under this half time report post. Also to keep TRAC organised 

IMG_20240514_143828_301.jpg

1000177984.jpg

The next figure came a few days later see below. It's just a fee thousand different but anyway that's the report.

1000177985.jpg

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

The TRAC campaign is going great. All the participants here are working as One Team under the leadership umbrella of @SholaIB

The energy within the team is infectious. Everyone here tries to take others along to this wonderful Road adding journey. This is the place for Zero to Hero. There are many examples of that and some of them are very well reflected in the graphs shared in this post.

Not to be mentioned though 😀 but we are having great Fun Time with each other in the team. What a bonding!!!

Wish everyone all the best and soon we will go beyond the target.

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Level 10

Hello @SholaIB , Huge congratulations to the TRAC team members for achieving 50K roads! A big thank you to @MarcoDavoli  and @Rednewt74  for their consistent updates and support with charts. Thank you @sholaIB for your guidance and encouragement!

Signature Image
Level 8

Thank you very much dear caption @SholaIB for initiative of TRAC 😀👊

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 9

Betreff: Approved 50k roads-half time report TRAC

@SholaIB 

Herzlichen Glückwunsch an alle für diese hervorragenden Leistungen.

Ich habe das Problem, dass in meiner Region die meisten Straßen vorbildlich vorhanden sind und ich bisher nur 7 zufügen konnte.

Herzliche Grüße 

Level 9

I have updated the summary sheet  to reflect Marco 's latest figures.

Apologies to Luis Gabriel for having left him out in the last update.

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Level 9

May 12, 2024 11:30 pm EDT a small update

Alfred New
TRAC Badge