bikashkhadge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Bisket Jatra

Bisket Jatra, also known as Biska Jatra, is a week-long festival in Bhaktapur, Nepal that celebrates the start of the Nepali New Year. It usually takes place in April, during the Nepali months of Chaitra and Baishakh. The festival is celebrated for eight nights and nine days, and is one of the largest Jatra in Nepal. 

_DSC3670-.jpg

_DSC3720.jpg

_DSC3732.jpg

The festival is based on the solar calendar, unlike other Nepalese festivals which are based on the lunar calendar. The term Bisket Jatra comes from the Newari words Bi and Syaku, which mean "snake laughter". According to legend, the festival celebrates the death of a serpent. 

_DSC3739.jpg

_DSC3750.jpg

_DSC3761.jpg

_DSC3767.jpg

During the festival, two 55-foot-tall totem poles called lingos are erected in two different locations on New Year's Eve. The next day, the lingos are brought down to mark the start of the new year. 

_DSC4091.jpg

_DSC3882.jpg

_DSC3985.jpg

Bikash KHADGE
Bhaktapur, Nepal
7 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Bisket Jatra

@bikashkhadge 

9 Tage ein Fest feiern ist eine sehr lange Zeit, aber sehr schöne Aufnahmen davon 

Level 10

Re: Bisket Jatra

Gracias @bikashkhadge por compartir esta publicación, está muy  bien descrita para nosotros los occidentales y por supuesto con excelentes fotografías.

Durante está festividad ¿ Cómo se desarrollan las actividades rutinarias, como el trabajo, la enseñanza, el transporte, etc. ?

Saludos desde Uruguay 🇺🇾 🇺🇾 🇺🇾 

Carlos Alonso Giménez
Level 8

@bikashkhadge que genial publicación! Me llama la atención lo mueven con fuerza humana?

Level 9

thank you !!

Bikash KHADGE
Level 9

Thanks for sharing your Festival @bikashkhadge  , I am from bihar very near to nepal I heard a Temple  Name Pashupati Nath  which is located in Nepal, this is in my list, I hope you are awre of this  Ple Relese   post on It   that will help Lg Like us to Travel to that place, It will help in Tourism sector. 

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 10

@bikashkhadge, Your stunning images and detailed narrative beautifully capture the essence of Bisket Jatra. A feast for the eyes and the soul, showcasing Nepal's rich cultural tapestry. Bravo! 📸🎉 

Happy to see India in millionaires club of Top100.  Are you next? See how to feature? 

Enjoy joyous moments of 7th Connect Birthday  Music, Masti-1, Masti-2 & Dosti 

Crucial facts you didn't know about  How Gudhi Padwa is celebrated in India? 

Come join fun quiz to enrich your maps knowledge. Here's how to participate

Do you wish to have a Hassle-Free trip to HAMPI Read the ViTAL TiPs

Photo crazy girls CSMT BMC InstaFoto | IceSpiceNice | Moody Melodiz |

Level 8

@bikashkhadge Agradeço por compartilhar. Lindas fotos, retrata muito bem a participação do público no festival. Fico a imaginar como surgiu e o significado de tudo.

Minhas saudações de felicidade e paz.