christophesubilia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Challenge accepted: pizza near me (Vevey, Switzerland)

Monte Bianco pizza from Chez Ciccio PizzeriaMonte Bianco pizza from Chez Ciccio Pizzeria

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕
In July, I moved from Lausanne to Vevey (Switzerland 🇨🇭), these two cities are quite close but I don't know Vevey well yet.

When I saw Tracy's post, I thought it would be a good idea to discover something new here and I choosed to do the challenge. It was a really great experience ! I think I'll probably repeat the experience with other places or types of food.

Here’s a sneak peek of my review (I writed in French but I translated for you into English) :
____

Authenticity and quality of the pizzas are certainly the secret of this small restaurant.

The pizza dough is made on the spot by a pizzaiolo. I discovered and ate for the first time a white pizza (pizza without tomato sauce).
The staff is really friendly and very efficient. There are tables inside and outside on the terrace.

We feel that it is the local people who come to eat here, we feel well there.
I live in the district is sure that I will order some pizza from my house.

I also saw some pasta dishes and Tiramisu that look really good!
Accessible toilets also for people with reduced mobility
_____
How I used Pizza near me and choose the place

Local Guide Christophe Subilia used pizza near me on Google Maps android appLocal Guide Christophe Subilia used pizza near me on Google Maps android app

First, I searched in my neighborhood for a place where I could eat a pizza. It impressed me to know that there were so many possibilities in such a small area.

With 4.8/5.0 and 296 total review, I choosed Pizzeria Chez Ciccio (that I didn't know)

Less than 200 meters from my home
I really discovered this pizzeria by doing this challenge. Indeed, the restaurant is located in a shopping mall where I often go shopping but I never thought of eating a pizza here.

Storefront of the restaurant Chez CiccoStorefront of the restaurant Chez Cicco

Really good experience to discover, gain points and help places with uploading your own news pictures & review

How I earned points ?
+41pts : with one big review, 4 main pictures, gave 5 stars to the place
Wining points with add a review and picturesWining points with add a review and pictures

+5pt : It wasn't menu available so I added the menu at the bottom of the menu tab

photomenu.jpg

+21pt : I added 2 differents pics of my pizza "Monte Bianco" as a dish. 

Christophe added 2 pictures about a PizzaChristophe added 2 pictures about a Pizza

Finnaly I added some information like accessibility for restrooms and possibility to pay by card

photo4.jpg

A nice surprise: Answer from the owner after my visit
I sometimes get answers from owners, but never so quickly. It is also thanks to this that you can become aware that you have helped a place.

Here’s the owner answer (I received in French but I translated for you into English) :
Thank you very much Mr. Subilia for taking the time to take care of our establishment, and our products... a big thank you for everything! Best regards, GS

Conclusion
Thank you @TraciC for giving this challenge. In complex times, we forget that such simple things are possible and we can help local businesses while moving forward with the local guide program.

And don't forget the quality of the content. The goal for me is not to take and add a lot of pictures but to bring value to the person who wants information. This happens to me sometimes but it is rare, the photo of my pizza was quickly placed in 2nd position on the Google page and I am also grateful for that.
Check and follow me as Local Guide on Google Maps
I'm a Local Guide because I love #help #share #discover #travel

I'm from Lausanne, Switzerland and live in Vevey, Switzerland
Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Vevey, Switzerland
19 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Challenge accepted: pizza near me (Vevey, Switzerland)

That looks delicious, @christophesubilia! I'm happy you were able to do Traci's challenge and get to know your new city a bit more. I love that you added accessibility information too, and the owner's response was so nice!

Thank you for sharing your experience, it is very nice to read 😊

Connect Moderator

Hi @christophesubilia 

Nice to read your post and sharing passionate your contribution to google maps , congratulations for new moved to new places , I really hope you enjoying for new roles  and keep exploring many places in new city . 

Can't wait your another experience . By the way the pizza look so delicious . Thank you for sharing

Level 10

Well done @christophesubilia 

I have also this idea in my mind but didn't get the opportunity so far !

Have a nice evening and see you around

Level 9

Hi @christophesubilia 

congratulations for your post and for all the quality contributions you make on Google Maps.

By the way that pizza 🍕 looks great👍😋

Level 9

Thank you so much @Jesi ! Yes I'm very lucky that I can still enjoy 🌟

Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Level 9

Thank you @Nyainurjanah !! 😊

I will inform you when I publish my next around me experience 

#frenchlocalguides
Level 9

🤩 thank you so much @Julien44 ! See you soon for another #frenchlocalguides meetup !

#frenchlocalguides
Level 9

Hey thank you so much @DavidTerronPla it's really appreciate to read that from a guy which create amazing content on connect & google maps !

#frenchlocalguides
Connect Moderator

Hey @christophesubilia,

challenge completed 😉! Chez Ciccio, well the name makes me already inspiring 😋Very nice description and good pizza looking like as well. Good experience as Local Guide.

Thank you for the great contribution, to the next one!

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂