NahidHossain's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Community of Kindness

Through community connections, I’ve had the chance to communicate with people from various districts in Bangladesh. I’ve traveled to a few districts and, during my time in Dhaka, I had several colleagues who came from different areas.

Meat - Kalavuna from a local restaurant of Chapai NawabgonjMeat - Kalavuna from a local restaurant of Chapai Nawabgonj

This gave me the opportunity to learn about the lifestyles of people from different regions.

I come from the most western district of Rajshahi, Chapainawabganj. My home is even further west, almost near the India-Bangladesh border.

Now, I live in Rajshahi. Chapainawabganj town falls right between Rajshahi and my home.

The most popular and convenient way to travel from our home to Rajshahi is by train, which passes through Chapainawabganj. Though Chapainawabganj is my town, I hadn’t visited the main town much. A few days ago, I had a short experience with a guest, and today, I explored more with my uncle @NHTuhin

People in Chapainawabganj have unique characteristics, which some might find peculiar.

The hospitality here is exceptional. If you ask someone for help, they’ll go out of their way to assist you. They might even invite you to a meal if possible.

NH Tuhin taking photo of Chapai Nawabgonj Railway StationNH Tuhin taking photo of Chapai Nawabgonj Railway Station

Today, as Tuhin and I were walking around and taking photos, a restaurant owner called us over as if he knew us for years. We discovered he owned a beef and rice restaurant.

We weren’t very hungry, and the restaurant wasn’t lacking customers, but we ended up having lunch there. The owner made special arrangements for us.

I saw Tuhin offering half of his meat to another person at our table, who talked with us very frankly. This was quite remarkable, especially when you are in an unfamiliar situation in a district-based city.

As we were leaving, local people voluntarily asked us where we were headed. In any other place, such inquiries might be met with suspicion. But growing up here, we knew better. We chatted happily, wondering what it would be like if someone from another district experienced this.

This experience in Chapainawabganj shows the unique and hospitable nature of its people.

Chapai Nawabganj, Bangladesh
14 comments
Level 4

Re: Community of Kindness

It was a wonderful experience and we enjoy the great moments. @NahidHossain 

Level 3

As a local people chapainawabganj, I can totally relate with this story.

Level 8

আমি ময়মনসিংহের ছেলে ঢাকায় থাকি। তবে কয়েক মাস যাবত আমি চাঁপাইনবাবগঞ্জে আছি। এখানে বেশ কয়েকটা বাড়িতে আমি আত্মীয়তার আপ্যায়ন পেয়েছি। তাদের বাড়িতে খাবার জন্য জোর জবরদস্তি করে। যদিও তাদের বাড়িতে যা খাবার আছে তাই দেয়ার চেষ্টা করে এবং চেষ্টা করে আরো ভালো কোন খাবারের মেনু দেওয়ার জন্য। আমি মূলত অন্যের বাড়িতে খাবার খেতে স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যবোধ করি না কিন্তু তারপরও তাদের মন রক্ষার্থে খেতে হয়। আমার কাছে পটুয়াখালী জেলার মানুষগুলোকে বেশি অতিথি পরায়ণ লেগেছে তারপর লেগেছে এই চাঁপাইনবাবগঞ্জ। তবে চাঁপাইনবাবগঞ্জে রেস্টুরেন্ট গুলোতেও হাঁসের গোশতের রান্না খুবই সুস্বাদু আমার বাড়ির রান্নার স্বাদের মত। চাঁপাইনবাবগঞ্জের বিখ্যাত কালাই রুটি  খেতে খেতে আমি অভ্যস্ত হয়ে গেছি 😊

আমার কাছে খুব ভালো লেগেছে আপনাদের চাঁপাইনবাবগঞ্জ। সেটা ভৌগলিক কারণ, ইতিহাস ও অতিথি পরায়ণতার জন্য।

এই চাঁপাইনবাবগঞ্জের  মানুষগুলোর দু'একটি বৈশিষ্ট্য খুঁজে পেয়েছি যা আমার জন্য একটু ব্যাতিক্রম লেগেছে। তারা উচ্চস্বরে কথা বলে এটা আমার কাছে অতিরিক্ত মনে হয়।

ধন্যবাদ @NahidHossain ভাই ও @NHTuhin আপনাকে। আমাদের সাথে আপনাদের কিছু কথা তুলে ধরার জন্য।

Md. Khokon Sharker
Level 7

It is very very impressive and motivational for me to build a sustainable relationship with such community... 

Level 3

What a delightful glimpse into the warmth and generosity of Chapainawabganj! Your vivid description paints a picture of a community overflowing with hospitality and genuine connections. It's heartening to hear about your spontaneous lunch experience at the beef and rice restaurant, where the owner's kindness extended beyond just serving food. And the gesture of sharing food with a stranger speaks volumes about the open-heartedness ingrained in the fabric of this town. Your reflections beautifully capture the essence of Chapainawabganj, showcasing its unique charm and the wonderful spirit of its people. It's experiences like these that truly enrich our understanding and appreciation of different cultures. Thank you for sharing this captivating story!

Level 4

Very nice moment. Best wishes 

Level 9

Betreff: Community of Kindness

@NahidHossain 

Das ist eine gute und sehr schöne Geschichte 

Level 8

Very great stories!

Level 6