TonyAlexander's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Donuts of Japan

I love donuts. I love them with coffee. I love strange new flavors like curry donuts or cute-looking like pika-chu. Many of us on Connect love Donuts and below are a few of my favorite posts on donuts.

Favorites:

@SilvyC 

Best Donuts in Buenos Aires

@Istillwannahavefun 

Finally, an Actual Donut

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Instant Chocolate Donuts from Jamun Mix

Caption: Donut heaven by LG Tony AlexanderCaption: Donut heaven by LG Tony Alexander

The donut scene in Japan is purely experimental.  What I mean by that is that donuts are unique and highly varied in terms of taste and texture.  Japan's original donut is called the Ahn Donut, and it is a ball-shaped red bean paste stuffed dessert.  You can expect to try wild flavors like curry donuts or strange mousse-infused types. 

Tokyo, Japan
10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Donuts of Japan

The collage looks amazing @TonyAlexander and the donuts appear delicious 😋

I remember at least one post in the past that discussed making donuts from Jamun mix - it was a big hit among local guides.

Level 9

Betreff: Donuts of Japan

@TonyAlexander 

Diese Donuts sehen aber auch zum reinbeißen aus und so einen Schoko Donuts könnte ich jetzt gut gebrauchen 

Level 10

Hi @Tushar_Suradkar Thank you.  Trying to improve my posts. Your Jamun mix post was fun to read. 

Connect Moderator

Yummy post @TonyAlexander and thanks for the reply. 

I love donuts two and as you said the real donuts has an unique texture and taste. Only tried one in Japan, in Starbucks and was just ok. 

20231016_075232.jpg

In Buenos Aires, my city, the donuts are no so popular and to me no well prepared. 

The best donuts for me were the ones I tried in USA, Krispy Cream and Dunking Donuts. 

I really don't like the strange flavors, I prefer the basics.

Silvy.

Level 10

@TonyAlexander Thanks for sharing with us.

Md. Jakir Hossan

Level 10

Hello @SilvyC Thank you for sharing.  Krispy Kreme has a special place in the junk food category.  Too sweet for me, but very nostalgic.   Do you prefer Dunkin over Krispy Kreme?

Connect Moderator

Why I need to choose? @TonyAlexander  lol I love sweet things,  I don't know what to say,  I like boths. The true is that I tried Dunking Donuts every time I went to US and Krispy Kreme only once, in my last time there thanks to my host and friend @Denise_Barlock  we picked up a big box of warm KK Donuts to enjoy in our trip to Key West.  Beautiful memories ❤️ 

A few weeks ago I watched a documentary about the creation and rivalry between this two famous brands.

Silvy.

Level 10

Hello @jakiripsc Thank you for your comment.  You gotta try the curry donuts next time. 

Connect Moderator

I love donut, too @TonyAlexander , but haven't tried curry donut yet. It's uncommon, but interesting! Do you like it? Do they add any toppings in it?

Let me share with you my favorite donut in LA with their iconic giant donut rooftop 

This is Randy's Donuts . I tried Butter Crumb Apple Pie as their November's special menu. It was so good with the soft donut texture.