Ian_Fry's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Edit Count - Not Updating

Hello,

My 'Edits' count on Google Maps shows 448. It has been 448 for quite some time now. I made a fair few edits 48 hours ago and most of those have been approved. However, the count still shows 448.

Anyone else finding the stats just don't update correctly anymore?

6 comments
Connect Moderator
Level 9

Re: Edit Count - Not Updating

Hi

Your reviews are hidden by Google's automatic filters so that only you can see them.

If you think that some of your contributions have been improperly withheld from publication, I advise you to monitor the progress of your reviews because, as you should be aware, it takes a few weeks for the check to be completed and you won't be informed of the outcome.

Thanks Engineer Surya

Surya Pratap Singh
Level 9

Hello @EngineerSurya31 

I am talking about Edits not Reviews. They are two separate statistics. There is a help page that explains the different types of points you can earn. Edits are for when you change the business name or address for example.

The Edits I made have been published and are live on Google Maps for others to see. It's just the count that has not updated.

Thanks,

Ian

Level 9

Hi @MortenCopenhagen 

I missed your reply. Thanks for the link. That is useful and I didn't realise there was a delay even after the Edit being approved.

Do you know why the Edit count appears to be frozen at the moment? 

We have crossed paths before on the fact my reviews are 'hidden' until they get approved again via a manual check. It seems my account has limitations despite my reviews eventually being approved. Very odd and very annoying. I have really limited my input to the LG programme because of it.

Thanks,

Ian

Connect Moderator

@Ian_Fry

Sorry, I have not seen the edit counter being stuck before.

I would suggest that you make 2-5 new edits and document each of them with screenshots for each edit and the approved message you receive. And then tag a Google moderator to check. You will need to share your operating system version and Maps app version also. 

Best of luck 

Morten 

Level 9

@MortenCopenhagen 

Thank you. I will give that a go.