CaryB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Editing Map Reviews

I often edit and then re-edit my posting. There are over 700. Often, I return to polish a review. In the last week Google Maps has changed, no longer allowing editing.

1. Has anyone found a way around this access change?
Los Angeles, CA, USA
7 comments
Level 6

Re: Editing Map Reviews

Hello @CaryB,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I checked, and it's still possible for me to edit reviews on Google Maps. Is it possible that you could be experiencing a bug, which is why you aren't able to edit your reviews? If it's a new update that they're rolling out to a subset of people, I guess you can try deleting and reposting your revised review.

Regards,

Ethan

Connect Moderator

Hi @CaryB 

Please make sure you are logged into the correct Google account.

Please share a screenshot so I can see any error messages or how you see that you can not edit a review.

Cheers

Morten 

Level 10

Hello @CaryB , I have checked, it is happening for me.

Signature Image
Connect Moderator

Hi @PrasadVR 

Kindly explain the issue in more details.

I was able to to edit a review but it went pending immediately as shown below. This is not normal.

1000021328.png

If more people would test and share screenshots I would be happy to escalate this.

Cheers

Morten 

Level 10

Hello  @MortenCopenhagen , I mean to say,  editing is possible for me. I am able to edit my review. I am not facing any issue. Perhaps my view was not conveyed properly in my previous comment.

Signature Image
Connect Moderator

Thanks, @PrasadVR 

All is clear now.

My pending review edit has been approved, so I also don't see an issue.

Cheers

Morten 

Level 9

@MortenCopenhagen  editing worked fine for me a couple of minutes ago, but also yesterday.

Reg. "it went pending immediately":

I see that frequently, if not always. On the desktop, I press refresh once or more times until it changes to "Just now" - usually within seconds.

Willfried
My Contributions