Velvel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Enjoying Indonesian Foods and Tea Time in a Classic Library

Majapahit Lounge is a restaurant and lounge inside The Dharmawangsa Jakarta that has both of the indoor and outdoor area. They provide dining and tea time selections as well. One of the beautiful spot in Majapahit Lounge is The Library. It has a tall and wide bookcase with the real books that we could read there, a long mirror, lamps, a sofa and and a table for dining in. When we sat there, it felt like we were in the spotlight 😄

Caption : A photo of The Library in Majapahit Lounge. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of The Library in Majapahit Lounge. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Caption : A photo of the ambiance in Majapahit Lounge. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of the ambiance in Majapahit Lounge. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Caption : A photo of the ambiance in Majapahit Lounge. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of the ambiance in Majapahit Lounge. (Local Guide @Velvel)

At first, we planned to have an afternoon tea here. But since my friend and I were only a group of two, and the afternoon tea package serves a lot of cakes for sharing, so we decided to have a lunch here.

This place is so serene and comfortable with a friendly service. Majapahit Lounge serves variant of Western and Indonesian menu, but since their signature menu consists of Indonesian foods, that's why we tried their Indonesian foods.

Here are what we tried :

Mie Godong Jawa
I have never thought that this fine dining restaurant might serve this noodle in a big portion! It can be shared among 2 - 3 persons. So, with the high fine dining price, I think it is still worthy because we could share the foods among several people.
A bowl of white noodles that is served with abundant toppings, such as stew egg, duck egg, shredded chicken, cabbage, tomato, green onions, and fried shallot. Enjoy this dish while it still still hot or warm!

Caption : A photo of a bowl of Mie Godod Jawa. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of a bowl of Mie Godod Jawa. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Nasi Liwet
The portion is not as big as mie godog Jawa.
Rice cooked in coconut milk that is served with chicken, egg, marinated bean curd, chicken's liver, beef skin crackers, chili, along with chayote in a thick gravy.

Caption : A photo of Nasi Liwet. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of Nasi Liwet. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Although we did not have the real afternoon tea as planned, but glad that we could enjoy their tea selections. Before we decided what tea to order, the staff brought us the variant of tea leaves, explain to us, and let us to smell them.

Caption : A photo of the foods and drinks that we tried in Majapahit Lounge. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of the foods and drinks that we tried in Majapahit Lounge. (Local Guide @Velvel)

We decided to try two tea that each is served hot in a transparent tea pot. There are :
Brawijaya Royal Wilis
Floral tea as the blend of green tea, lemongrass, jasmine, rose petal, white peach, calendula, and gold dust.

Toffee Caramel
This one has more sweet smell and taste. I like this one!
Indonesian organic black tea that is blended with sunda coffee beans, marigold vanilla, and caramel infusion.

Caption :  A photo of  Brawijaya Royal Wilis and Toffee Caramel tea. (Local Guide @Velvel)Caption : A photo of Brawijaya Royal Wilis and Toffee Caramel tea. (Local Guide @Velvel)

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Enjoying Indonesian Foods and Tea Time in a Classic Library

The restaurant looks fabulous @Velvel and the portions are large indeed.

I can sense the noodles seem yummy too 😋

Coincidentally, today I wrote about a hotel in Tokyo that serves free food and Japanese comic books.

Hope you enjoy it:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Quintessa-A-Unique-Hotel-in-Tokyo-with-Free...

Connect Moderator

Hahaha yes, the portion is so big, especially the noodle @Tushar_Suradkar 

I was so surprised to see such a big portion in a fine dining restaurant here.

Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna move to your post.

Level 8

El lugar es realmente hermoso, estilo clásico y moderno.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Carlos23- , what you said is right.

Thanks for reading my post.

I would like to inform you, please add @ before the name to communicate with fellow Local Guides on Connect, so that the one you mentioned will get the notification.