DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Experience a Fighter Jet in Museum

Hello Local Guides,

Yesterday was my day off so I decided to visit a newly opened aircraft museum in our city north Kolkata. The main attraction of the open air museum is a fighter jet named TUP LEM 142 M. The fighter jet is real and for the first time in my life I went inside a fighter jet and my experience was thrilling.

Me standing in front of Giant fighter jet TuP LEM 142 M, (Photo: @DrShaunak)Me standing in front of Giant fighter jet TuP LEM 142 M, (Photo: @DrShaunak)Visitors are taking pics of Fighter Jet TUP LEM 142 M  (Photo: DrShaunak)Visitors are taking pics of Fighter Jet TUP LEM 142 M (Photo: DrShaunak)

The interior of the jet is fully air-conditioned. I saw numerous switches and control panels inside the jet, there were also many large cylinders. However, taking pictures inside the aircraft was prohibited due to security reasons.

I met some staff inside the plane who display things inside. I heard this antisubmarine aircraft was developed by the Soviet Union and used by the Indian Navy for a long time. This particular jet even took part in the 1999 Kargil war.

Air Refueling prob is seen  from a different angle in front of Fighter jet nose.   (Photo @DrShaunak)Air Refueling prob is seen from a different angle in front of Fighter jet nose. (Photo @DrShaunak)

Air Refueling Probe is seen in front of the fighter jet  (Photo @DrShaunak)Air Refueling Probe is seen in front of the fighter jet (Photo @DrShaunak)

Next to the aircraft there is a dummy flight model for children and also a small playground for them.

In short the museum is a must visit for every Plane lovers like me. Entry fee is only 30 INR for every person and the entire museum is wheel chair accessible. 

A small Aircraft model is there for Kids visit (Photo @DrShaunak)A small Aircraft model is there for Kids visit (Photo @DrShaunak)Playground for kids (Photo @DrShaunak)Playground for kids (Photo @DrShaunak)

Have you been to an air museum like this before? If so then share your experience with me in the comments below.

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
New Town, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
13 comments
Level 10

Re: Experience a Fighter Jet in Museum

Well conceived, written and presented... appreciate your efforts!

I can understand your thrill when you entered the fighter jet for the first time.

Nice post with very relevant photos.

Though it is a small museum, it looks informative.

Is it more useful for the students or for all ages?

Best wishes, dear friend @DrShaunak 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

Hello @DrShaunak the post is very nice. I am sure it was a thrilling experience to sit in a fighter jet. And the fees is so low which is awesome. Nice pics by the way. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Keep Guiding!

Anitha Muthu
Level 9

@DrShaunak excelente aventura. Muy buenas fotos. 

Ponlo en tu lista, Visitar a Puerto Rico ✈
Level 9

@DrShaunak 

Thanks for sharing beautiful photos & information in details about the Jet Museum.

I not been to such Museum but we have a garden Aeroplane Garden before Juhu beach .Use to take kids there.,all kids enjoy sitting inside plane.

Aradhana movie song Chanda Hai Tu,Mera Suraj Hai Tu..........shot at that Garden.

Level 10

A well decorated post are added here. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Md. Jakir Hossan

Level 9

@TravellerG Thank you. Yes, the museum is informative and useful for all ages though separate playground is there for children. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 9

@AnithaM @jakiripsc @Nosaint2_Rafael_Fe Thank you for your nice comments. I really enjoyed my visit to this Air museum. 

Level 9

Thank you @RosyKohli 

Nice to hear of such aeropalne garden near Juhu beach, I have been to Mumbai couple of times but didn't know this. Will surely visit next time. 

That Aradhana movie song is my favorite. The song is also popular here in Bengali version that you get in YouTube. 

Level 9

@SP31 Recently I saw your beautiful aviation post in connect so I tagged you here.