NahidHossain's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Fultola's Hidden Nighttime Food Gems

In the heart of Rajshahi, there exists a hidden treasure for food lovers – Fultola. While it might not be as renowned as some of the city's famous food zones, it offers a unique experience that's both delicious and budget-friendly. I visited this place today and found some of the must-try food from that place.

Under the Moonlight: Fultola's Street Food WondersUnder the Moonlight: Fultola's Street Food Wonders

1. Chotpoti: The spotlight of Fultola belongs to Chotpoti. This iconic dish from this place stands out for its affordability – a full plate of chotpoti comes at 20 takas only (equivalent to about 20 cents). But what sets it apart is its authentic homemade taste.

The star of Fultola's Chotpoti.The star of Fultola's Chotpoti.

2. Ghol & Matha: I found some young people selling Ghol and Matha. Here, local ghol is most similar to buttermilk in sweet flavor, and matha is almost the same with salty taste. A glass of Matha is 25 taka, while Ghol is available for just 20 taka. These drinks are available in chilled for a refreshing experience or at room temperature.

Young vendors offer Ghol and MathaYoung vendors offer Ghol and Matha

3. Vapa Pitha: Vapa Pitha is one of the most popular cakes available on almost every street during the winter season. This is steamed cake. They sell this item fresh and hot. Each cake comes with 10 taka only.

Vapa Pitha, a steamed cakeVapa Pitha, a steamed cake

4. Popcorn: There is a cute popcorn stall. They make popcorn in their van and sell them in small packets. Each packet of popcorn is for 10 taka only.

A charming popcorn stallA charming popcorn stall

5. Baro Vaja: Baro Vaja is the cheapest food. They make different items mixed in a jar and then put spicy masala and ingredients and serve them with paper cups made with old newspaper. A cup of Baro Vaja comes at a mere 5 taka, making it one of the most economical yet mouthwatering treats in Fultola.

Baro Vaja, a spicy mixed foodBaro Vaja, a spicy mixed food

When you're in town, don't forget to explore this hidden gem. Here, you can make a short trip filled with flavours and memories that won't weigh heavily on your pocket.

Rajshahi, Bangladesh
4 comments
Level 4

Re: Fultola's Hidden Nighttime Food Gems

This is an excellent review

Level 1

Thanks for the info. Really a great place to visit!😸

Level 7

I spent a lot of time of life here! To eat these delicious and to enjoy the river view! 

Thanks a lot for the post that recalling my old memories...

Level 9

@NahidHossain Thanks for sharing these hidden nighttime food gems from Fultola, Rajshahi! 🌃 Each of these dishes seems like a delightful culinary adventure, and the fact that they are so budget-friendly is an added bonus. Chotpoti, Ghol & Matha, Vapa Pitha, Popcorn, and Baro Vaja offer a diverse range of flavors to explore.

Mohamed Ahmed (Mo-TravelleerX)
Chinese Name (Wang Li 王李)
Follow me: Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - YouTube

My Greatest Articles:
My 2 Years of Experience as a Google Local Guide

My 3 Years Journey as a Google Local Guide in Egypt and China