katydarhel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Get out of the ban

Dear Google Moderators,

I’d like to ask you a question, 'How to help my colleague @AndrewMn  get out of the ban'. Requirements were made to him regarding a working avatar. He successfully replaced it. The term for exiting the ban is up to three weeks. But he is an active participant our #TeamBelarus. And so much time waiting for one of the three team members is simply disastrous. Can I and @OlgaKlimchik do something in order to get out of the ban.

Dear Google Moderators, thank you very much for your attention.

Thanks in advance,
@katydarhel 

How-toHow-to

Katy Darhel
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Get out of the ban

Hello @katydarhel and @OlgaKlimchik,

Thank you for reaching out, but please keep in mind that the owner of the account is the one who have to report his/her issue and we don't respond to a third party report, due to privacy concerns.

We have contacted @AndrewMn privately, so you can ask him to check his email.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 10

I fully support @katydarhel, our team is not numerous, at the moment we have only 3 active participants, one of which is banned. We met and became friends due to the Chellenge of @ErmesT and it's very sad to lose one of our members in the midst of fun.

Maybe we are obsessive (as I wrote about the problem yesterday  https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/Why-was-I-removed-from-the-Local-Guides-program/bc-p...), but we can't be quiet and continue working while Andrey can only be a silent observer.

Yesterday I began seaching additional members in social networks, but now I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing.

Connect Moderator

Dear @OlgaKlimchik and @katydarhel 

I never comment about the reason of a suspension. What I can say is that the appeal procedure has been implemented, and now there is an appeal form.

This is what you can read on the Local Guides program Help Page

Fill out the Appeal form, letting us know you've been removed. Be sure to provide us with your Google Maps profile URL so we can look into it. It can take up to three weeks to investigate banned accounts, so please be patient. Our team will reach out privately as soon as we have an update.

Hope this can help

Level 10

@ErmesT Thank you for your sympathy, the Appeal form is of course already filled, logo is fixed, other reasons we can't imagine, and three weeks it's so long! 

Level 7

Hi @ErmesT,
thank you very much for your attention and help in difficult times. Well, we will wait for the investigation of banned accounts and reaching out privately.

Katy Darhel
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @katydarhel and @OlgaKlimchik,

Thank you for reaching out, but please keep in mind that the owner of the account is the one who have to report his/her issue and we don't respond to a third party report, due to privacy concerns.

We have contacted @AndrewMn privately, so you can ask him to check his email.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Connect Moderator

@katydarhel , @OlgaKlimchik 

As far as I can see, the last reply from your friend has been written five days ago.

So I am not sure about what @OlgaKlimchik wrote "three weeks it's so long! "

Everything seems to be already fixed @MoniV 

Level 10

@ErmesT Yes, we didn't need to wait 3 weeks, but the result is sad, Andrey is banned finally as having the corporate account. He is freelancer and all his company is he alone. There were no ads from his side and his logo was at his account for several years, nobody saw it. He deleted this logo before filling the form.

But of course he violated the rules and now we lost him. He don't plan to make other account at the moment, maybe he will change his opinion in future. 

Connect Moderator

HI @katydarhel 

Reading the replies in this thread it seems that this has been resolved but I felt to add that something similar to this happened to me, well I think it's similar.  Anyway, perhaps it might help future readers of this post so I mention it here - see the post Stay in Local Guides Program

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!