Yucco's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Have you been to a beauty salon recently?

💈Have you been to a beauty salon recently? I heard a good number of people avoid going to beauty salons because of COVID-19. It must be a sad thing for both the owners of salons and customers. Because the owners might lose their job and the customers’ hair will be too long.

Hair  and make-up salon "ichiru"Hair and make-up salon "ichiru"

The beauty salon I visited had various measures against COVID-19.  I'd like to share with you how that beauty salon was like.

The salon's name was "hair & make-up ichiru". First of all, the entrance door had been left open for ventilation. To prevent insects entering, a screen door had been attached.  According to the owner, every time one customer enters or exits, he disinfects the doorknobs.

The salon's entrance that had been left open.The salon's entrance that had been left open.

When I entered the salon, I could see that there was an alcoholic spray. Then the owner with a mask sprayed on my hands.  Customers cannot enter the salon without this disinfection.  Of course, all customers are required wearing a mask. 

The owner with a mask and alcoholic spraysThe owner with a mask and alcoholic sprays

He told me that the chairs and shelves in front of the mirror were also  disinfected for each customer.

I used to read magazines while I had my hair cut, my hair color and permed.  But I couldn’t do that time.  He decided that the items that multiple people touch have been removed because they are hygienically dangerous. I completely agree with his opinions.

Previously, a cup of tea was served during the waiting time.  But not these days.  The reason is the same as the magazine.  Drinking tea was one of my pleasures, but given hygiene issues, I favor the owner's choice.  I knew that, so I bought and brought drinks for me and the owner. That was a good solution.

The store owner was very entertaining, and he used to talk about various things while he was cutting my hair.  But recently he talked a little.  All the time we wore masks while shampooing and dyeing. We talked only about what we needed. He had a piece of cotton paper with double-sided tape to prevent customers' masks from getting dirty with dye. I didn’t use that at that time.

The Customer must wear a mask.The Customer must wear a mask.

Because of COVID-19, the way of spending time at a beauty salon changed a lot. A beauty salon might not be a place we could live without.  However, when we go to the beauty salon and get our hair cut, we feel very happy, right? In that sense, I think hairdressers are important for us.

I wonder how different the beauty salon is in another city or another country.  Are you going to the hairdresser with confidence? Or do you cut your hair yourself at home? I would be happy if you could share the situation of the beauty salons in your city.

🎌【Japanese : 日本語】

タイトル『最近、美容院に行ってますか?』

最近美容院に行っていますか?コロナウイルスのため美容院に行くのを避けている人はかなり多いと聞きました。サロンのオーナーもお客さんも悲しいことだと思います。なぜなら、美容師は仕事を失う可能性があり、私たちお客は伸び放題の髪で過ごさないといけないからです。

私が訪れた美容院ではコロナウイルスへの対策がいろいろ取られていました。そのときの様子を共有したいと思います。

まず、入り口のドアは換気のために開いたままにされていました。虫の侵入を防ぐため、網戸が取り付けられていました。オーナーによると、1人の顧客が出入りするごとにドアノブなどを消毒しているそうです。

サロンに入ると、アルコールスプレーが置かれてありました。マスクを付けたオーナーが、私の両手に消毒のスプレーをかけました。この消毒なしでは、お客は美容院に入ることができません。もちろん、すべてのお客はマスクを着用する必要があります。

鏡の前にある椅子や棚も、顧客ごとに消毒してあるとオーナーは言っていました。

以前は、髪の毛をカットしたり、髪の色を変えたり、パーマをかけたりしながら、私は雑誌を読んでいました。でもその時はできませんでした。彼は、複数の人が触れるアイテムは、衛生的に危険だから、取りやめたそうです。私は彼の意見に完全に賛成です。

以前は、待ち時間中にお茶が出されていました。しかし最近は出されません。理由は雑誌と同じです。お茶が出ることはとても良かったのですが、衛生上の問題を考えると、オーナーの選択が正しいと私は思います。私はそのことを知っていたので、私と美容師さん用にお茶のペットボトルを買って持っていきました。良いやり方でした。

この美容院の美容師さんはとてもおもしろく、髪を切るときに色々なことを話していました。しかし、最近ほとんど話をしません。私たちはシャンプーをするときもヘアカラーをするときもマスクを付けていました。会話は必要な分だけ。こちらではお客のマスクにヘアカラーの染料が付かないように、両面テープが付いたコットンが用意されていました。私はそのときは使いませんでしたが。

コロナウイルスのために、美容院での過ごし方が大きく変わりました。美容院は私たちにとって、なくてはならない場所ではないかもしれません。しかし、美容院に行って髪を切ると、とても幸せな気分になりますよね?そういう意味で、美容師さんは重要だと思います。

他の街や国の美容院はどう違うのでしょうか。みなさんは安心して美容院に行っていますか?それとも家で髪を切っていますか?あなたの街の美容院の状況を教えていただければ幸いです。

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Have you been to a beauty salon recently?

@Yucco さん

お久しぶりですね!

私は髪質が厚いこともあり、伸びてくるととっっっても気になります。しばらくカットしに行けないときは本当に大変でしたが、今では行きつけのサロンもしっかりと対策してくれているので安心して通うことができるようになっています。サロンにはお話を楽しみに行く方も多いと思うので、十分な対策をしてくれていることはとても嬉しいですね。感染症対策などはコロナ以外のいろいろなものにも有効なようですので、これからも可能な範囲で続いていってくれたらいいと思っています:-)

ちなみに私はだいたい1ヶ月半おきにカットしに行っています。そういえばそろそろ行かないといけませんでした。

Level 6

Ottimo il comportamento del proprietario di questo salone, non tutti si comportano così.. comunque, sono stata di recente in un salone e mi sono trovata bene, anche se non c'erano tutti questi preziosi accorgimenti!!

Level 8

@HiroyukiTakisawa さん、返信が遅くなってすみません。

ヒロさん、1か月半で行かれてるんですね、お洒落さん!私は先日3か月ぶりに行ってきました…あはは。

美容院は人と人の距離が近い場所だから、感染症対策は今後も気を付けてもらえると良いって意見には賛成です。美容院へは気持ちよく通いたいですよね。

コメントありがとうございました!

Level 8

@Ala-Ala-10 Thank you for reading the post and commenting. Since this beauty salon is run by the owner alone, I think it is easy to take measures against covid-19. I also admire his efforts. I hope your health and happiness!