cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Historical place Bhavani mandap Kolhapur

IMG_20210119_164629.jpg

PSX_20210131_091916.jpg

Hello friends myself Abhinandan Patil ( @AP2280 ) From Kolhapur. I had comes here to further study and my college is near Bhavani mandap. so we daily pass throw in and out, when me come first time in Bhavani mandap. I was wondering here and there to see this beautiful place. It is the glory of the city and I searched some information about this place that's as below.

When Kolhapur became self-governed, this place was built.It has fine and sound construction with 14 squares. In about 1813, the Muslim knight Sadakhan invaded the palace and VITTHAL TEMPLE is The Blackstone built Vittal Temple complex is situated half km south of Bhavani Mandap Beautifully stone carved Temple is built in Hemad panthi Style. The carving style indicates that this complex is built prior to that of Mahalaxmi Temple complex.Bhavani Mandap was an important meeting venue in yesteryears. It housed the offices of various court officials and was centre of many celebrations. And at Bhavani mandap we can find the life size statue of Kolhapur's most loved prince Shahu Maharaj.It is a royal palace of the Maharaja of Kolhapur. It used to be a durbar of the Chhatrapati Maharaja.

References from "Bhavani Mandal"District Collector Office, Kolhapur. Archived from the original on 19 February 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2013.

Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Historical place Bhavani mandap Kolhapur

Very well written @AP2280 

Abhishek Patki
Connect Moderator

Hello @AP2280 

Thank you for sharing information about the Bhavani Mandap in Kolhapur.

However, the text used in your article seems to be originating from an external site and this is not supported on LG Connect. You are encouraged to share your own experience when you visited this place.

I'd suggest including information like timings, parking facility, and accessibility features to name a few.

Congratulations on posting your first few articles this week and a warm welcome to the wonderful world of LG Connect 🙏
Additionally, I would also suggest changing the setting to display the picture in a larger size - that would look awesome.

For reference, you can also see this article on the same topic by our colleague @Rohan10 

Level 9

@AP2280 

Thanks for sharing beautiful post & photo it's very famous mandir of kolhapur. 

Level 8

Nicely written post with beautiful photos @AP2280 . I have posted on the same place. You can check it here Historical Architecture : Bhavani Mandap, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel