QueBall's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to NOT get removed as a Local Guide

So your doing good things as a local guide, your added images, updating place details, reviewing places and even adding roads and addresses. 

Awesome, thank you for all of your contributions.

However, do not do as I have mistakenly done and use any Google branding images.

Unintentionally, I was a very naughty boy and used a screenshot of a Google map logo to identify my gmail account more easily.

This was a big mistake and hopefully I corrected it in time to stop my account being deleted. I was given, i assume, less than 24 hours to make the necessary change. Hopefully this was done in time, if not i am gone. Take care, good luck and best wishes.

Hopefully this serves as a warning and reminder to others to be a little more mindful of the Google policies and user violation rules that apply to us all.

Please don't delete me, it has been many years to get to where I am.

My apologies and kind regards

Que

Edit:

A little additional info to help you find what I should have known.

Rules for Local Guides

Resources that you are allowed to us for meet-ups.

Meet-ups Printable Name Tags

Meet-ups Printable Stickers

Alexandra, New Zealand
3 comments
Level 10

Re: How to NOT get removed as a Local Guide

@QueBall It's good that your account wasn't deleted.

As per google local guides rules:

"The Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. Do not use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials without expressed written permission."

It's always good to give these rules a read. 

And, there are also 5 core values of connect that are worth a read.  One them is:

"We’re original. We post our own words, photos, and videos that we’ve created just for Connect. We don't share content that we don't have the rights to."

Cheers!

Level 8

@sparekh Thanks.

Clearly an amateur error. I was just very lucky that i happened to login and read my emails.

Although it seems maybe it was some automated email triggered on my login as it and my reply has been removed.

All good, I have learnt and hopefully made others more aware and not make my mistake.

I am sure I also dashed any hope of ConnectLive2020.

Connect Moderator

@QueBall should you want to find out some of the thing that other local guides sometimes do (and which gets their accounts suspended), you can listen to Episode 6 of the LetsGuide Podcast. It is titled 'Breaking the rules'.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply