Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

How to find if we have Pending Road Edits in an area?

Hi all, 

With the current Road Editor tools, which are far less than what we had in Map Maker, we have little control and statistics about what we do. But introducing the Pending Road Status was a great one step forward and brought hope about having more tools.

Since a several weeks ago, I see one change that helps the user experience. Now, the Pending Road section (View details) in the Road Editor sidebar, only appears when we have Pending Road Edits in that area. As I tested, the Orange part of the sidebar is visible when we have Pending Road Edits within a radius of 2km.

View details appears only when we have Pending Roads in an areaView details appears only when we have Pending Roads in an area

This change not only helps us to find if we have Pending Edits in an area or not and better continue our tasks but also helps the system use less resources and better process the area without the need to process all pending roads we have in the whole map.

If we have no Pending Roads within 2km the View details part won't appearIf we have no Pending Roads within 2km the View details part won't appear

I hope being aware of this feature, helps all road editors to do even more to complete the map.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
7 comments
Level 10

Re: How to find if we have Pending Road Edits in an area?

@Amiran  Thank you for sharing a very useful feature. I would like to tag our friends who may find it useful. @JustJake @Rednewt74 @tony_b @ShailendraOjha 

Signature Image
Level 10

Interesting addition, but doesn't the Maps team know that we don't need this feature because we already have @Amiran hooking us up with all of the road mapping details?!? 😂

Thanks for the tag @PrasadVR 

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 8

@Amiran any useful tips for android Map makers (Road edit).

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Level 8

Thanks for pointing that out @Amiran 

Level 10

Thank you so much @PrasadVR 

😅🙏 It is your kindness @JustJake 

Thanks @tony_b It is very useful to me. I hope there is the same for others.

Level 10

@ShailendraOjha The Road Editor interface on the app still is not the same as the web version. Indeed it does not have a specific interface on the app. So we have no access to Pending Road edits on it. I hope we see it soon.

But still, in urgent cases, I use Desktop mode on the phone browser to see for example if I have Pending Roads somewhere or not. Then I continue on the app based on what I saw on the browser.

Level 8

Thanks for clarification friend @Amiran 

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13