Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

It seems Checking the Fact is changing...

Hi, 

Since several months ago "Check the fact" section has been practically inaccessible for nearly all users and based on this, just a few days ago Google announced a change in criteria to receive the Fact Finder Badge.

A picture to show the changing process of Check the FactA picture to show the changing process of Check the Fact

While they didn't clearly say, in this announcement, there are some tips about the new methods of checking the facts, for example, the old method and also answering questions. I remember this was mentioned by @ErmesT several months ago. 

Now, I see another change. Indeed this method was available before but these days I see it in many places. When we open a POI, in a brown/yellow color it asks something such as if the place is in business or if working hours are correct.

New-Way-Check-the-Fact.jpg

I think this will be another kind of checking the facts. However, Googler @Julie_A didn't mention this in the announcement and I may guess wrong. I just shared my thoughts and insights to discuss and see others' ideas. So, what are your thoughts?

PS: It seems the Check the Fact section shows POI for all users to check again after several months. This is another good change in this field.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
17 comments
Level 10

Re: It seems the main way of Checking the Fact is really changing

Hello @Amiran,

I have seen this brown/yellow color text asking for the operating status of POI for quite some time by now.

Possibly, we have started noticing it prominently now 😀 due to the change in Fact Finder Criteria.

Good part is Check the facts tab is still alive with the point awarding system.

Cheers!

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Level 10

Yes @Kumaarsantosh as I told this was available before, but these days it is clearly available on more POIs.

And, it is good that the Check the Facts part is alive, but is it really applicable for you?

Level 10

I was already Master Fact Finder when there were three criteria for this along with the Facts checked criteria so it does not add anything there for me @Amiran.

But two great benefits I could observe by still having Check the facts tab under Contribute now --> Share your experiences:

1. Helping the community by sharing the correct facts
  2. For each checked facts you get 1 point added in your total earned points

Cheers!   

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

Level 10

@Kumaarsantosh 

The question is how can we "check the facts" like the past? Practically it shows nothing. Has it again started to show POIs for checking on your side?

I don't ask about new ways of fact-checking like answering the questions. The old method I mean.

Level 10

Yes @Amiran .

Just now while replying here I did 58 Facts Checked following Check the facts tab under Contribute now --> Share your experiences. 

It is working well.

And, again I have got additional prompts for Check the facts, I can PM the screenshot, if you wish to know.

Cheers!

Level 10

@Kumaarsantosh 

I really appreciate it if you could share some screenshots here with hiding personal info or DM them

Level 10

Although it is coming under Check the facts tab under Contribute now --> Share your experiences, its there in the form of Questions only and no further Edit options.

Have PM the screenshot @Amiran

Level 10

Yes @Kumaarsantosh 

The screenshot you sent shows the Check the fact is available like the past! It is indeed a good news.

What about you @MortenCopenhagen?

Connect Moderator

I can confirm @Kumaarsantosh's findings:

1000018223.png

Swipe all the way to the right.

Here is what I then see:

1000018222.png

It feels good to see this again. 

Did you test if such contributions are counted as answers.  Or maybe we need the old Checked facts metric to come back again 😂😜

I have not seen what you reported in the opening post, @Amiran 

Cheers

Morten 

@ErmesT have you seen this?