Yucco's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Japanese-style hotel with hot springs that you can enjoy old japanese village

I'd like to introduce "Fukuji Onsen". "Onsen" means Hot Springs. 
It is in Gifu prefecture that is in the center of Japan.
This place is near by Takayama which is bautiful old town in the mountains.
Roten Onsen (Outdoor Hot Springs)Roten Onsen (Outdoor Hot Springs)There are several Japanese-style hotels, it is called "Ryokann".
We stayed "Kakurean Hidaji".
It looked like traditional old farmhouses, and we could feel like that we were in back old time in Japan.

02_entrance.jpg

There was a "Irori". it is a hearth sunk in the floor without chimney."Irori" in the lobby"Irori" in the lobby

We could buy some japanese souvenir there.A lot of souvenirsA lot of souvenirs

There was a "Kotatsu" in our room. "Kotatsu" is a traditional heating system in Japan, which is a table and a heater combined as one piece of furniture."Kotatsu" in our room"Kotatsu" in our room

There were "Roten Onsen" (Outdoor Hot Springs) in our room.

We could take a bath in the snow, and it was amazing.Hot springs in our roomHot springs in our room

When we went out, there was a lot of snow on the ground.

Craftsman were making some beautiful snow statues.A snow statue of fantasic birdA snow statue of fantasic bird

Next day, we went to "Asaichi". It means farmer's market.

We bought some food and "Sake" (Japanese liquor).Farmers marketFarmers market

We enjoyed "Onsen" very much, and I'd like recommend this place to everyone

Because there was tranquil landscape, and special experience.

Okuhida Onsengo Fukuji, 高山市 岐阜県 日本
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Japanese-style hotel with hot springs that you can enjoy old japanese village

@Yucco 😮 😮 

I agree with you. The onsen experience is absolutely unique! 

When I went to Gifu, we visited Takayama and Shirakagawa-go.

Have you been to Shirakawa-go as well? It was one of the most beautiful places I've seen. 

It was so beautiful that I sincerely wished I could "save" the moment and be in it to relive it over and over. 😄 

Takayama1.png

The Ryokann in your photos look so cozy! Do you often stay in Ryokann when travelling around Japan?

We've had some problems with them when we went for a holiday because most really good ryokanns were very expensive. We found a really good one in Yamanashi by the end of the trip, though. 

I really liked your photos! It makes me miss Japan 🙂 Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to meet you in November! 

Google Moderator

Re: Japanese-style hotel with hot springs that you can enjoy old japanese village

Hi @Yucco, thank you so much for sharing with us Fukuji Onsen. The place looks great and perfect for relaxation. I like Japanese onsen a lot and when I lived in Japan I have a chance to visited some of them in my prefecture - Hiroshima. Kotatsu is also one of mine favorite and I really want to have one here in Bulgaria, especially during the winter. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@ellecross
Hi!Thank you for your comment and beautiful photo! I love your photo!

You took that in autumn. The color of rice plants are gold.

I'm really excited. You have been to Gifu, haven't you? I'm living in Nagoya, near by Gifu.
I feel so happy that you enjoyed staying Gifu.
I've visited Shirakawa-go and Takayama in winter. The old town were covered with snow, they were so beautiful.

Takayama Jinya. The man is my husband.Takayama Jinya. The man is my husband.The old town in Takayama.The old town in Takayama.
I sometimes stay in Ryokann in weekdays, because good ryokans are really expensive, you know. When I look for the Ryokann, I always read a lot of reviews at Google map, and then I find where to stay.
The Ryokann in this post was one of my favorite Ryokann.
I'm so excited to meet you in November, too! I'd like to talk with you about The Ryokann that you found in Yamanashi. 😄

Level 8

Hi @Ivi_Ge , thank you for your comment. You lived in Hiroshima, didn't you?
I've never been to Hiroshima, but I think it's nice place.
I love Kotatsu, too. Do you live in Bulfaria now? I love kefia and yogurt, and I eat a cup of kefia every morning.

I can't wait to see you in San Jose!
Google Moderator

Hey @Yucco, I lived in Hiroshima 3 years ago and it was great experience there. I prefer small cities rather than big ones, so Hiroshima prefecture is a great place for me. I was in Fukuyama city and I was studying there in the Fukuyama university for a whole year. If you have a chance go to Hiroshima, I am sure that you will like it.   

I am Bulgarian and yes, I live in Bulgaria. Do you know something about Bulgaria except yogurt 🙂 I also love to eat yogurt especially in the morning with fruits or honey, this is one of mine favorite breakfast. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yucco Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos of Japanese hot springs.    I enjoyed reading your post and look forward to seeing more @YasumiKikuchi @955HIRO <=  

Level 10

Hello @Yucco 
Thank you for an easy-to-understand article on the characteristics of Japanese hot springs. And thank you for tagging me @Anonymous♨. Your picture shows many Onsen activities!!

(A bathroom in the oldest wooden building in Japan. @YasumiKikuchi )

I want to introduce the “Sekizenkan” in Gunma, Japan. where the oldest hot spring wooden building in Japan remains. However, the oldest hot spring inn is Keiunkan at Koshu Nishiyama Onsen. Japan's oldest bathroom is designated as a World Heritage site by the Wakayama Kumano Yunomine Onsen. This Onsen bathroom is unique. The building will last for 300 years, but the bathroom will be a new design.

(The oldest wooden Onsen architecture in Japan. @YasumiKikuchi )

This "Shima Onsen" town is already lonely, so it is not so popular among Japanese people and naturally there are few foreign tourists. However, it must be a historically important Japanese building.

(The oldest wooden Onsen inn room @YasumiKikuchi )

Unfortunately, the oldest wooden building cannot be used for accommodation, and only tours are available. While staying in a relatively new building, it is very valuable to experience the low ceilings and narrow corridors at the time.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YasumiKikuchi  Shima Onsen was the first onsen I visited in Gunma about a decade ago.  There's a Katsu shop nearby I used to visit.  I have photos of this onsen.  Maybe I will post them later.

Level 10

Good morning. Thank you for sharing beautiful photos that will be soothing. Open-air baths that enter in the snow have exceptional healing. The emotional scenery unique to Japan can be seen and healed. The photo of the souvenir shop townhouse with a nostalgic atmosphere reminded me of the townhouse I saw sometime ago. Thank you very much. I will share photos of the plateau and open-air bath that I went to play last week. Thank you very much.

Dragonfly

Wild boar and pelican

Private open-air bath

Plateau surrounded by greenery

Hello everyone.!
My name is 955HIRO and I live in Tokyo, Japan. I would like to share photos of travel, customs unique to Japan, and Japan-specific matters with you all.
My hobbies are travel, gourmet, and car. If you have any questions or questions about Japan, I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Thank you very much.

こんにちは(^.^)
日本の東京に住む955HIROと申します。

旅行の写真、日本ならではの慣習、日本独特な事項などの写真をチームの皆様とシェアしていきたいと思っています。
趣味は旅行、食べ歩き、自動車など。

日本に関して何か疑問や質問がありましたら、分かる範囲でお答え致します。

宜しくお願いします!

My profile