AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Leaderboards of the Top 100 Most Viewed Photos

Hi @AdamGT 

I just submitted my photo under "Level 9" so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to submit it here too.

1. * A screenshot or photo of your "star photo" 
    20210730 top photo by views 1.jpg
  2. * The Maps Category 
    Airplane/aircraft at an airport
  3. * Date of your Star Photo 
    21 October 2019

4. Tell us if this is your best photo.
    No
  5. Tell us why you think it's your "star photo".
    Symmetry and vanishing lines. Not cluttered.
  6. Tell us what you think are the important factors that contribute to photo view stats.
    It was number 1 photo at the business page. Unfortunately it became number 2 photo end of June 2019.
  7. What camera did you use to take your "star photo"?
    Cell phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 😎

Follow me on Google Maps: click here (may only work on your mobile phone)

Profile | Google Maps Reviews | Google Map Photos | Instagram 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Chuan_Chee for your very interesting "star photo", in fact, it's the first time I've seen a star photo showing the boarding inside an airplane. Just a couple of comments:

1. For future reference, the Google Maps Category as shown on the Maps listing is "Airline". 
  2. Regarding point 3, would you please also indicate the source of the date of your photo, for example (a) Date uploaded to Maps or (b) Photo's meta Date created. Simply edit and add both these point to your entry.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I just submitted my photo under "Level 9" so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to submit it here too."  Posting in a comment here is correct.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

Dear @AdamGT Thanks for adding me to this list "TOP 100 LG Level 9" . Do I have the right place? 😉

360Pixtour, Google Street View Trusted Photographer, Belgium - Brussels Google Local Guide, The75 GLGs 2016
Connect Moderator

Hi @Jean-IgnaceBE 

No!  I do appreciate that it is a little confusing and I was recently told this by even a long term and experienced Connect Local Guide.  Briefly speaking, because of the character limitations on any one post on Connect, I have created 3 different leaderboard series with each focused on a different aspect of our Google Maps contributions:

1. This post is strictly about our "star photo" a term I coined to represent our single most viewed photo.
  2. The leaderboard of photo views series, the latest post of which is the July 2021 post, looks at the views count of all of our photos and from a number of different perspectives.
  3. Then we have the new Top 100 Local Guides series which was only recently launched and looks at all of our Maps contributions (e.g. reviews, photos, videos Edits, Roads etc etc etc) . 

The details about each can be found in the latest post of each series and there are links to these in my signature tagline.  Series #3 is perhaps the one that you are referring to. 

Regarding your submission for the "star photo" series/post, you will find that your Furniture store "star photo" was recently added to both the Level 9 leaderboard and the open level leaderboards see screengrabs below.

Caption: Screengrab of Leaderboard #3 - The Top 100 Most Viewed Photos of All Participating Level 9 Local Guides Sorted by Views showing entry by @Jean-IgnaceBE at #6Caption: Screengrab of Leaderboard #3 - The Top 100 Most Viewed Photos of All Participating Level 9 Local Guides Sorted by Views showing entry by @Jean-IgnaceBE at #6

Caption: Screengrab of Leaderboard #1 - The Top 100 Most Viewed Photos of All Participating All Local Guides Sorted by Views showing entry by @Jean-IgnaceBE at #15Caption: Screengrab of Leaderboard #1 - The Top 100 Most Viewed Photos of All Participating All Local Guides Sorted by Views showing entry by @Jean-IgnaceBE at #15

Let me know if you are still unclear!

Connect Moderator

Hi @AdamGT

On the last day of July I sunlit an update on my star photo.

Screenshot_20210731_191235.jpg

As you can see it has reached 11.863.307 views today.

Cheers

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Very impressive star photo @MortenCopenhagen!  Well done!!!

Level 8

Hi Adam,

We did not stay in the cabin, but real TP  instead 🙂  It was a great experience, by the river, rafting possible, camp fire, very clean, not too busy, even though no availability during that time.... Thank you for nice words of encouragement to me and all contributors.... You are an example of motivation, positive attitude and lots of energy in this community!    Your work with the Leaderboards is raising a lot of activity inside the community and outside on Google maps motivating LGs to contribute more, and increased quality of the contributions. Lots of lessons learned from these...

"The Leaderboards @AdamGT are some of the best things happening on LGC!"  GigiR

Cheers, Gigi 🙂
Level 8

Starfoto20210903_187.517.jpg

Hallo  @AdamGT 

1) Ich würde gerne auch bei Deiner "Top 100 Most Viewed Photos" teilnehmen.

Dies ist mindestens genauso interessant wie Deine "Top 100 Foto-Aufruf-Seiten".

2 )  Die Karten -Kategorie meines Stern -Foto :

HOTEL, Wellness, Aigen im Mühlkreis, Österreich, OÖ

3 )  Ich habe dieses Foto aufgenommen/hochgeladen am:

23.06.2021 (37. Hochzeitstag)

4 )  Ist es mein bestes Foto? :

Diese Nachtaufnahme ist sicher eines meiner schönsten Fotos auf Google Maps, aber in meinen Augen nicht das Schönste, bzw. das Beste. Allerdings habe ich diese Aufnahme erst vor knapp 2 Monaten aufgenommen und bereits über 130.000 Aufrufe ! Während ich dies schreibe und das Foto vor 10 Minuten hochgeladen habe, sind die Aufrufe auf über 132.000 gestiegen ? Das 2. beste Foto habe ich im Juni 2018 eingestellt ( Großglockner ) und hat erst ! 68.000 Aufrufe ?

Es dürfte sich bei meinem Wellness-Hotel Foto doch um etwas besonderes handeln.

5 ) Warum denke ich, dass es mein "Sternfoto" ist?

ich kann es nicht einschätzen, siehe 4)

6 ) Die von mir verwendete Kamera ist: Samsung Galaxy A50 mit 4K Camera App

@AdamGT , ich kann Dir nur wieder für eine erneute Bestenliste danken. Deine Arbeit und Mühe hat sich nicht umsonst auf Deine Ernennung zum Google Moderator ausgewirkt.

Bleib gesund!
Schöne Grüße
Sprickler (Jo)Hannes, @spricki 1

PS: Bitte setze bei einer Nachricht vor deinem Namen das @-Zeichen, damit ich Deine Antwort Dir zuordnen kann.
~ Link zu meinen Beiträgen ~ https://bit.ly/37SdcQk ?

Check out the Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards!
Level 8

1. Screenshot_20210801-180042.png

 Not my best photo, however it is The Most Viewed!  Can I get some Leaderboard action?  Lol

Level 8

Thanks Adam, hopefully I've clicked the correct button for approval now.

I've spent far too little time in the South of Ireland - only a few visits to Cork, Cobh, West Cork and the like - but I'm hoping to remedy that when I return there in October, at which time I expect to base myself somewhere near Cork for a month or so.

Below is an updated picture showing the current view count (1403833).

Screenshot from 2021-08-02 20-11-58.png