Kano_LaLa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Level 8 and pushing for 50K points.. Bored and starting to lose interest..

I wonder how others feel about the big gap between 15k and 50K. It's left me feeling a little un interested in doing any more reviews.

I start to also wonder what's the point really, i give Google around $10,000 a year on services, email, drive, youtube, business advertising and more. 

I feel it would be nice to get a discount or something. Im feeling its a bit one sided.  Unless someone or google can convince me why i should keep up my reviews. I might give it the flick.. Just not feeling it anymore..

Adelaide SA, Australia
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Level 8 and pushing for 50K points.. Bored and starting to lose interest..

Hey @Kano_LaLa  congratulations on reaching Level 8 in Google Maps. That’s awesome! I totally understand how you feel about the huge jump in points from 15K to 50K. It took me 2 years to get there but I had fun knowing that my little contributions help my community and people from all over the world. I see you have already received the Gold Reviewer and Photographer badges. That’s so cool. Keep up the great work and join in on Connect’s 5th Birthday Celebration 

Connect is a place where you can share original content of places you have visited and things you have done with Local Guides from all over the world. You can share tips and tricks on topics you are interested in like photography or accessibility.  Here are The 5 Core Values of Connect for you to follow and here is Your Guide to Connect Give it a read and contact a Connect Moderator if you need any help.

Connect Moderator

Re: Level 8 and pushing for 50K points.. Bored and starting to lose interest..

@Kano_LaLa Hey.. it is a big jump in points and it does take a while to get to Level 9. But just wait until you need to get to Level 10 😅 In my opinion, the best way to approach this is to not focus on the points otherwise it will feel like it's a very long process to get to the next level!

When I'm shopping online or trying to find a place to go to, reviews really help me in making those decisions. And there has been more than one occasion when a really good review has tipped the balance for me. So, I feel that providing useful reviews really do help consumers and businesses too!

Obviously, it's your choice ultimately but I do hope that you stick with it! Ignore the points and it will feel less like a chore! 👍

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews