KingNamoonga's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Lilongwe Malawi: A Journey Through History at the World War 1 Memorial Site

Walking up the steps of the World War 1 Memorial Site in Lilongwe felt like stepping back in time, a journey I embarked upon with a mix of curiosity and reverence. As someone deeply interested in history, this visit was more than just a sightseeing excursion—it was an opportunity to connect with the past in a profound way.

20240423_110914.jpg

From the moment our guide greeted us, it was clear that this experience would be both educational and emotionally resonant. With passion and expertise, our guide led us through the annals of Malawi's military history, from the sacrifices made during World War 1 to the struggles for independence and beyond the friendships with malawi's neighbouring countries. Hearing about the bravery and resilience of those who came before us left me in awe and deep admiration.

20240423_112110.jpg

As we reached the watch points, the view that greeted us was nothing short of breathtaking. From our vantage point high above the city, we could see the expanse of Lilongwe stretching out before us, a landscape of sights and sounds that seemed to encapsulate the essence of time itself.

20240423_105717.jpg

Although our guide stopped at the second highest platform out of consideration for those wary of heights, I couldn't resist the urge to climb higher. With each rung of the ladder, I felt a sense of exhilaration mixed with respect for the path that had brought me to this moment. And when I finally reached the last watch platform, the view that greeted me was beyond words—Photo of views couldn't be uploaded due to size,Apologies.

20240423_104138~2.jpg

In the end, my visit to the World War 1 Memorial Site was more than just a tour of historical landmarks; it was a deeply personal journey of reflection and discovery. It reminded me of the importance of honoring the past while embracing the present, and left me with a profound sense of gratitude for the sacrifices made by those who came before us.

20240423_103644.jpg

Lilongwe, Malawi
12 comments
Level 8

Lilongwe Malawi: A Journey Through History at the World War 1 Memorial Site

Walking up the steps of the World War 1 Memorial Site in Lilongwe felt like stepping back in time, a journey I embarked upon with a mix of curiosity and reverence. As someone deeply interested in history, this visit was more than just a sightseeing excursion—it was an opportunity to connect with the past in a profound way.

20240423_110914.jpg

From the moment our guide greeted us, it was clear that this experience would be both educational and emotionally resonant. With passion and expertise, our guide led us through the archives of Malawi's military history, from the sacrifices made during World War 1 to the struggles for independence and beyond the friendships with malawi's neighbouring countries. Hearing about the bravery and resilience of those who came before us left me in awe and deep admiration.

20240423_112110.jpg

As we reached the watch points, the view that greeted us was nothing short of breathtaking. From our vantage point high above the city, we could see the expanse of Lilongwe stretching out before us, a landscape of sights and sounds that seemed to encapsulate the essence of time itself.

20240423_105717.jpg

Although our guide stopped at the second highest platform out of consideration for those wary of heights, I couldn't resist the urge to climb higher. With each rung of the ladder, I felt a sense of exhilaration mixed with respect for the path that had brought me to this moment. And when I finally reached the last watch platform, the view that greeted me was beyond words—Photo of views couldn't be uploaded due to size,Apologies.

20240423_104138~2.jpg

In the end, my visit to the World War 1 Memorial Site was more than just a tour of historical landmarks; it was a deeply personal journey of reflection and discovery. It reminded me of the importance of honoring the past while embracing the present, and left me with a profound sense of gratitude for the sacrifices made by those who came before us.

20240423_103644.jpg

Connect Moderator

Re: Lilongwe Malawi: A Journey Through History at the World War 1 Memorial Site

Hello @KingNamoonga 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect 

I want to inform you that I just merged both of your post at one place which have similar Content.

Let me share some more helpful links with you which would be useful for your future posts on Connect. 

1. Your guide to Connect to make yourself comfortable and understand how to best use Connect.

2. How do I write a post on Connect to discover how to write great content here on Connect.

3. How do I follow the original content guidelines on Connect to make sure to follow the original contents guidelines here on Connect.

4. For Uploading Photos on Connect, these links  Uploading a photo on Connect

And  How to tell a story through your photography.

Will be very useful for you.

If you need any help you can always refer to our Help Desk.

Thank you

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Betreff: Lilongwe Malawi: A Journey Through History at the World War 1 Memorial Site

@KingNamoonga 

Eine gute Erzählung der Geschichte und schöne Bilder dazu.

Wenn Bilder zu groß zum hochladen auf Connect sind am besten vom Bild einen Screenshot fertigen und diesen hochladen 

Level 8

Betreff: Lilongwe Malawi: A Journey Through History at the World War 1 Memorial Site

@Annaelisa 

Danke.

Lass mich mal diesen Screenshot-Tipp ausprobieren.Danke

Thank you .

Let me try the screenshot tip

Level 8

Hello @KashifMisidia , Thanks for that. It was a glitch, nit sure why it posted twice. I will read the links you have shared. 

Level 8

@KingNamoonga desconocía de ese lugar y ese monumento.que genial quedaron las fotografías.

Level 8

@Maximilianozalazar 

Ich hoffe, dass Sie es eines Tages besuchen werden. Ich stelle mir vor, dass die Aussicht bei Nacht spektakulär ist.Ich war nur zwei Tage in Lilongwe. Ich hoffe, dass Sie es eines Tages besuchen werden. Ich stelle mir vor, dass die Aussicht bei Nacht spektakulär ist.

I hope you will visit it one day I imagine the night views are sepectacular.I was only in lilongwe for two days. i hope you will visit it one day I imagine the night views are sepectacular.

Level 9

@KingNamoonga 

Aber nicht vergessen den Screenshot vorher zuzuschneiden weil sonst nicht nur das Foto zu sehen ist.

Level 9

@KingNamoonga 

Übrigens ich lese bei mir alles in deutschen Übersetzung, bei deinen Antworten habe ich den gleichen Text jeweils 2 Mal in deutsch, nehme ich die Übersetzung raus erscheint der Text einmal in deutsch und einmal in english.