Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Little new change to show the place card on Google Maps app

Hi there,

Today, I saw a new change on the app when opening place details. Now the details section is more like a card over the screen rather than a section of the screen.

Place details like a cardPlace details like a card

The Back button changed to Close and the location of the share button changed as well. One other simple change is that the name of the POI/Area sticks to the top when scrolling instead of jumping to the top.

Name and Tabs stick to the top respectivelyName and Tabs stick to the top respectively

This change is also visible when routing and the fields for selecting the places are more like an element over the screen, not part of the screen.

I like this change and it makes the UI more attractive and modern to me. However, the search field is no more than available when we're viewing a place. I think this change will be available globally. What do you think? Do you like such a change?

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Little new change to show the place card on Google Maps app

Hi @Amiran 

The name and tabs staying at the top when scrolling down on a place sheet has been there for a while on my end. It can flicker a bit though.

Cheers

Morten 

Level 10

Yes, it was there but now it changed a little bit. The difference should be clear especially for accurate friends like you.

PS: again I see the new one now.

Connect Moderator

Finally, I see what you mean in your screenshot.

1000017570.png

The share icon and the X are missing in my screenshot above.

I'm looking forward to that. The share button is/was too well hidden in the long horizontal menu.

Thanks

Morten 

Connect Moderator

@Amiran 

Look here:  

https://9to5google.com/2024/02/07/google-maps-directions-search-redesign/

They are confirming your findings (and more).

I dont think 9to5google.com is run by Google. But they must have some insights. 

Cheers

Morten

Level 10

Yes @MortenCopenhagen 

While they're not Google officials, their findings are always a good way to confirm new changes.

I also mentioned that this change applied to routing.

Thanks for confirming