AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

F16FBD2D-B8B5-491C-B2D3-62E8D47B6AB2.jpeg

Caption: star photo by @Wintask uploaded onto google maps on 25 March 2019. It showing the star views as at 5 June 2022.

I took this pic in Derby when we friends were out for most of UK main cities tour as part of my birthday plan. It was a lovely day n we stop there for drinks

Love to all
Level 8

Screenshot_20220811-162316_Maps.jpg

@Ses_ame's Star Photo of Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses uploaded onto Google Maps on 2018-09-14 and showing star views of 952,095 as at 2022-08-11

--------------------------

This was probably taken on a Pantech P9070 ( a now extinct Korean brand) in 2014 and was the very first photo I uploaded to Google Maps. This photo  is of a research think tank in New Delhi located in the Cantonment area, a stone's throw away from the international airport. These premises had come up in 2007 so it was fairly new at the time. I am guessing it got so many hits since it was one of the first photos put up of this building.

I only uploaded all of two photos in 2014 though the tempo picked up in 2015 only to come to a crashing halt in 2017 when I was deprived of the privilege of being a Google guide because the spammers I used to go after with a vengeance came after me and got me banned.  In 2021, I suddenly found my points etc had reappeared as mysteriously as they disappeared, and so here I am, back in the sweepstakes:-) 

Connect Moderator

Wow what a story @Ses_ame and welcome back and also, it's great that you have followed the star photo screenshot posting steps so well, in fact perfectly 😉  Now don't forget to use your data form to fixup your Connect Username which currently is incorrectly CSamuel 😉 

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 8

Thanks, @AdamGT..I started filling out the form again to update the username and realised that some of the figures I had updated and saved are also not reflecting in the form, so I'll give it another go tomorrow..

Level 10

Caption: @MattGatlin's Star Photo of Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak uploaded onto Google Maps on 2018-04-10 and showing star views of 26,449,217 as at 2022-12-07Caption: @MattGatlin's Star Photo of Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak uploaded onto Google Maps on 2018-04-10 and showing star views of 26,449,217 as at 2022-12-07

Here's a picture I took inside the MGM Grand in Las Vegas while in town attending the NAB convention. Nothing special, just a shot of the host station at the Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak steakhouse restaurant. I think I was walking when I snapped the pic on my iPhone 5s. Probably when I was on my way to the MGM buffet.

Connect Moderator

That's just mind blowing @MattGatlin !!!

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 7

Caption -  Afternoon photo of Allahabad High Court at Allahabad U.P. India

Screenshot_20220128_095153.jpg

@Am19 

Level 9

Caption: @Mo-TravelleerX's Star Photo of Dahab Egypt Beach uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-09-03 and showing star views of 447,904 as at 2022-11-26Caption: @Mo-TravelleerX's Star Photo of Dahab Egypt Beach uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-09-03 and showing star views of 447,904 as at 2022-11-26

Dahab Egypt Beach 

Dahab is one of the few places in the area with internet access, making it attractive to remote workers looking for a peaceful "office" by the sea.

The city of Dahab is a popular tourist destination in South Sinai. It is considered to be the second most famous city in Sinai, after the worldwide popular city of Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab means gold, and the city was named that because of its golden sand beaches.

Mohamed Ahmed (Mo-TravelleerX)
Chinese Name (Wang Li 王李)
Follow me: Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - YouTube

My Greatest Articles:
My 2 Years of Experience as a Google Local Guide

My 3 Years Journey as a Google Local Guide in Egypt and China
Level 8

MMAR.png

Caption: Star photo by @ACCoelho20  uploaded into Google Maps on September 2020 and showing the star views as at 11 March 2022

The Museu do Mar - Rei D. Carlos is located in the space where the Sporting Club de Cascais once existed, a place founded in 1879 by then Prince Carlos, intended for the practice of sporting activities and stage for social events.

In 1992, the Sea Museum was inaugurated, a space dedicated to the sea and the people connected to it that can be visited every day and has been an important point for the preservation of the environment and environmental education.

Ana Coelho
Level 8

Caption: @Rex_Roscoe's Star Photo of McDuff's Bar and Grille uploaded onto Google Maps on 2020-01-21 and showing star views of 3,182,219 as at 2022-08-26Caption: @Rex_Roscoe's Star Photo of McDuff's Bar and Grille uploaded onto Google Maps on 2020-01-21 and showing star views of 3,182,219 as at 2022-08-26

It finally happened!!!  Above is my NEW, current Star Photo that was uploaded to Google Maps in March of 2020.  It's from McDuff's Bar and Grille, a local Bar/Pub that my wife and I enjoy stopping into every once in a while for good food, good drinks, and great people!  Almost immediately, my photo became the "Featured Photo" and has remained that since!