cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Magic powers and Dynamic filter will soon be free in Google Photos

Yesterday, Google made this announcement:

AI editing tools are coming to all Google Photos users

This is fantastic news for Google Maps photographers.

I am a big fan and daily user of the "Dynamic" filter which has been available only to paying Google One Customers. I use it every day. And it makes my photos shine and stand out. 

I rarely use the Magic eraser as it takes some time for an image to get uploaded to a server for the Magic eraser to work. When using the Dynamic filter there are no delays. The sharpening tool is useful now and then. Google Photos will inform you if some sharpening is needed!

This shows how the sharpening tool can make magic. Screenshot from the above mentioned announcement from Google.This shows how the sharpening tool can make magic. Screenshot from the above mentioned announcement from Google.

In this post, you can learn how to use the Dynamic filter and see how useful it is. 

Citation:

These tools will gradually roll out starting May 15 and over the following weeks to all devices that meet minimum requirements. Look out for them in Google Photos to help make your shots picture-perfect.

Cheers

Morten

Copenhagen, Denmark
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Magic powers and Dynamic filter will soon be free in Google Photos

Second thought:

The announcement does not specifically state that the Dynamic filter will also become free. Fingers crossed it will.

Cheers

Morten

Level 9

Great news @MortenCopenhagen  ji it will give more access to LG for creating good content on map .This gives us more tool to upgrade map , can you  tell me what are requirement for this . 

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Connect Moderator

@RaviSharma111 

Please check the link for technical demands on your phone.

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 9

Beginning May 15, 2024 and rolling out over the coming months, you can get more features at no cost. You can find the future availability in this article or visit the Photos Community to learn more about what’s changing.

This is showing on Phone as well as laptop .

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 7

@MortenCopenhagen: Is it also possible to use gemini or google assistant with these google photos options? I mean can you use spoken instructions to gemini or asssistant  for editing pictures? Suppose that I have made a picture and someone told me there are distracting / disturbing  objects in the background, could I use my voice to tell google photos to erase the disturbing objects in background? I myself can't select objects in the background for erasing them. So, if I could use my voice for this, this could be pure magic.

Thanks for testing this out by using wifi etc.

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Thanks in advance for your help.
Connect Moderator

Sorry, that is outside my expertise, @KattyGeltmeyer .

Cheers

Morten 

Level 7

@MortenCopenhagen: And it isn't possible to try it out? No gemini etc. available for your smartphone?

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Thanks in advance for your help.