cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Mapping vegetarian: an insight into my list

Caption: veggie quesadillasCaption: veggie quesadillas

Hi Local Guides!

I'm writing this post mainly inspired by my new "lifestyle": I have recently become a vegetarian. As I am still a newbie in the topic and learning about it, I thought that maybe putting some things into words might make it easier to organize my ideas (and also help other LGs!).

On this post I will focus on a list that I've recently created to value the places that offer vegetarian meals.

Creating the list

As some of you may know, I am a beer lover. I'm always looking for new breweries to try different kinds of beers (especially my favorite type: the red ones!). By visiting many of them, I noticed that it's not very common for these places to have more than one or two vegetarian options, and most times it's just fries or a poor vegetable sandwich. So I decided to value the places that are truly aware of it and offer high quality dishes to eat together with a good beer, by creating a list in Maps: Veggie & beer.

How do I choose what to add?

When I created it, I decided I had to set a few conditions for a place to be on my list, according to what's important for me and what makes a place really worth it:

• More than one option of beer (different brands or brewers)
  • More than one veggie option (not everyone likes the same things)
  • Not just fries, pizza or salad (you could get this almost at any place. I want places with special dishes)
  • Only places where I've been to (so I can add a short comment to describe the food and the beer)

My experience

I have shared this list with some vegetarian friends so they can also read my recommendations and maybe choose where to eat. I have realized that this list is slowly motivating me to visit more places and be aware of their menu even before visiting them (the new menu feature is helping me a lot!).

As you may have seen, my list doesn't have many places yet, but the reason is that I want to make sure it covers all the conditions I've set, and that a vegetarian person will feel comfortable ordering a nice meal there.

What about you? Have you created a list on Maps you would like to share? Let us know in the comments 🙂

Thanks for reading!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
32 comments
Level 8

Re: Mapping vegetarian: an insight into my list

@ValeriaA_ , nice topic and that Quesadillas make me hangry! Thanks for sharing. 

When you are vegetarian even fish you don't eat it??

Level 10

@SunshineNY  you have no idea how delicious those quesadillas were!

Well, there are different kinds and "levels" of vegetarianism. I currently do not eat any type of meat, not even fish.  Some people choose to eat fish since they are not mammals or birds, and they are very rich in protein. I have chosen no to, but I do eat animal-derived products such as milk, cheese and eggs 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Hi @ValeriaA_  ... thanks for sharing your list, now I follow it too, it's never going to happen to you one day!
Can I ask you a question? Why did you decide to become a vegetarian? Has it happened suddenly or is it a choice conceived over time?
What is the main and most important feeling of your choice?
Sometimes I think of it too, mostly driven by the cruelty of how farm animals are treated .....

Bye,

David

Level 8

@ValeriaA_ ،yes definitely,  I can see it. I love Quesadillas and I Tacos.

For vegetarian,  I remember an instructor in yoga class  I used to take before was telling us "Why do eat death meat!".🤔🤔. He was 87 years old, healthy,  very flexible  and active. He stopped eating meat when he was a teenager. He never got sick or have taken any medication. He looked younger than his age.

To be vegetarian,  it's a good thing and will power. I wish you good luck!

Level 8

Great post @ValeriaA_, I think I'm half vegetarian. I didn't make any list yet, but i hope i will organize my routine. thanks for the post. 

Level 8

Thanks @ValeriaA_ for the post, definitely it's usefull list created in map for vegetarians. 

Level 10

@ValeriaA_  very nice post. I think there plenty of options of veggie dishes and the number is increasing everyday.... thanks for sharing, great picture by the way 🙂

Connect Moderator

Muy lindo post @ValeriaA_ , y un gran decisión de vida la tuya, te cambia todo radicalmente, pero lo importante es que eres feliz con esa opción de vida y que te completa interiormente, yo en particular no se si en algún momento pudiera optar por no comer carne, esta muy integrada a mi, supongo que por razones medicas podría optar por esa manera de vivir, por lo pronto no como ni sal ni azúcar jajaja no cuenta pero también fue una elección propia.

Saludos Farid. y felicitaciones en esta trascendente decisión.

Connect Moderator

Interesting post @ValeriaA_ and yes there are different kinds and "levels" of vegetarianism. 

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!