SergeySud's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My North Caucasus tour - the Republic of Chechnya

This spring I visited several cities of the North Caucasus. It was a special week tour on the tourist train. In times when sea cruises are not available and river cruises are very limited, a train cruise is a very interesting travel idea. You live in a train, like on a ship, the train moves at night, and every day arriving in a new city.
My train route was Moscow - Maikop - Nalchik - Grozny - Derbent - Pyatigorsk - Kislovodsk - Mineralnye Vody - Moscow.

But I want to start the story from the Republic of Chechnya, where I visited several cities - Gudermes, Shali, Argun, and of course, the capital of the republic, the city of Grozny.

The Ushkaloy towers, Republic of ChechnyaThe Ushkaloy towers, Republic of Chechnya

The Ushkaloy towers, built into a rock cut, are located in the area between the villages of Guchum-Kale and Ushkala on the banks of the Chanti-Argun River. The towers are four-story, about 12 meters high, were built in the 11th-12th centuries. Its have been restored and are one of the main historical sights of Chechnya. 

The Pride of Muslims Mosque named after the Prophet Muhammad, Republic of ChechnyaThe Pride of Muslims Mosque named after the Prophet Muhammad, Republic of Chechnya

The Pride of Muslims Mosque named after the Prophet Muhammad is a mosque built in the 21st century in Shali. This is the largest mosque in Europe, can accommodate up to 30 thousand people, and up to 70 thousand people at the surrounding area.

The main chandelier of The Pride of Muslims Mosque named after the Prophet Muhammad.The main chandelier of The Pride of Muslims Mosque named after the Prophet Muhammad.

The main chandelier of  the mosque is made up of many thousands of Swarovski crystals.

Mother's Heart Mosque named after Aimani Kadyrova. Republic of ChechnyaMother's Heart Mosque named after Aimani Kadyrova. Republic of Chechnya

Mother's Heart Mosque named after Aimani Kadyrova was built in an ultra-modern style in the city of Argun. The minarets-towers are not of the traditional round shape, but in the form of trihedral stelae. The main hall of the mosque are practically have no walls, it all consists of huge windows.
 The Grozny-City Towers. Grozny, Chechnya.The Grozny-City Towers. Grozny, Chechnya.

The Grozny-City Towers is a five-star skyscraper hotel and business centre complex located in Grozny, Chechnya. Located next to the beautiful Park of Flowers.

Heart of Chechnya Mosque named after Akhmat Kadyrov. Republic of ChechnyaHeart of Chechnya Mosque named after Akhmat Kadyrov. Republic of Chechnya

In the setting sun, a beautiful view of the mosque opens up from the Park of Flowers. It's Heart of Chechnya Mosque named after Akhmat Kadyrov.

To be continued...

Грозный, Россия
9 comments
Level 8

Re: My North Caucasus tour - the Republic of Chechnya

Amazing photos @SergeySud  very detailed post. thanks for sharing it here 😊.

Connect Moderator

@SergeySud your photographs are absolutely incredible! My favorite is the last one. Peeking over the barrier at the towers behind really gives perspective on how small a person must feel next to such majestic architecture.

Connect Moderator

Hi @SergeySud , great post as usual 👍

Your photos, I agree with @Kwiksatik , are absolutely stunning and me too, I love the perspective of the last one.

Can't wait to read the next post...

And of course, I hope we will have the opportunity of meeting again in the future.

Hug from Italy 

Level 9

The photos are amazing @SergeySud . Nice post. Enjoyed reading it. Liked all the pics. Chechnya is a beautiful place to visit i think. Thanks for sharing.

Keep Guiding!

Anitha Muthu
Level 10

Before moving on to another city, I want to share a few more photos from Chechnya.

Connection of times. Watchtowers on the background of Grozny City.Connection of times. Watchtowers on the background of Grozny City.

Watchtowers have been built in Chechnya since ancient times. From one tower, two neighboring towers should always be visible, so urgent messages were transmitted from tower to tower with the help of smoke or fire. These towers, just copies of the real ones, were built in the Park of Flowers.

Perspective. In the Park of Flowers, Grozny, ChechnyaPerspective. In the Park of Flowers, Grozny, Chechnya

Park of Flowers from a bird's eye view, Grozny, ChechnyaPark of Flowers from a bird's eye view, Grozny, Chechnya

Sunset over Grozny, ChechnyaSunset over Grozny, Chechnya

To be continued...

Level 10

@SergeySud Absulately beautiful picture you are added here.

Md. Jakir Hossan

Level 10

@ErmesT For you special. Some mountain herbs of Chechnya.

Hypericum, or St. John's wort. In medicine, is used to depression treatment, anxiety and sleep disorders.Hypericum, or St. John's wort. In medicine, is used to depression treatment, anxiety and sleep disorders.

Thistle. In ancient times,  the thistle was credited with the ability to magically influence evil spirits.Thistle. In ancient times, the thistle was credited with the ability to magically influence evil spirits.

Connect Moderator

Nice post with great supporting photos @SergeySud. What surprised me most is that for some reason I had no idea that Chechnya was so modern a place!

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10

Thanks @AdamGT 

I have long wanted to visit Chechnya and see modern Grozny with my own eyes, listen to the locals. More recently, it was one of the hottest spots on the continent. Everything that you see in the photos, except for the towers of the 12th century, was built after 2000.