Lukelhm's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New roads not approved

Hello everyone!

I need help with new roads being added and changing the direction of certain streets. It's been months since the first time I added new roads and was denied, tried again a couple of weeks ago and was denied again. The surprising part? There are shops in those streets and are shown as in the middle of nowhere. I'll show you:

Lukelhm_0-1682353383735.png

The yellow ones are on the map, the purple ones I tried twice to add and Google is still denying me the changes.

Lukelhm_1-1682353445913.png

I also tried to fix the circulation of roads (which changed in the last past years) and they denied me also:

Lukelhm_3-1682353745861.png 

Lukelhm_4-1682353947338.png

Pink roads are in the direction marked, but the roads inside the orange square are not fixed, are denied actually. And I have proof they go in one direction (from the city hall).

Not to mention that they are keeping a weird road rather than a fixed one I posted:

Lukelhm_5-1682354049905.png

10 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: New roads not approved

Hi @Lukelhm

Where are you located? 

You may find the following post from my Easing frustrations series interesting and helpful:
- Understanding Regional Editing Restrictions

Did you use the desktop version of Google Maps when adding the roads?

Did you make sure the new roads you suggested were connected to existing roads on Google Maps?

Google Maps has a program enabling local and regional partners to upload their data directly and automatically. Please learn more here: Google Maps Content Providers
Examples include municipalities and public transport providers.

It can also be the developers who made the new area. 

Cheers
Morten

Level 8

Hello @MortenCopenhagen !

This is Coronel Du Graty, in Argentina (https://goo.gl/maps/T4ThRkByzuNfUC3WA) where I live since my childhood.

Yes, I used the desktop version when adding the roads (easier than the mobile version). And yes, they are connected. In the case of the new ones, they are not yet named, but they are open roads for more than 5 years now.

In the case of new directions. The first one was changed before 2020 and the second one was changed last year (you can even see the street's name and directions on Street View and the missing roads too).

Lukelhm_0-1682356501753.png

Connect Moderator

@Lukelhm

Great to see you know what you are doing. 

Argentina is not an issue. 

Such data issues can also be dealt with in the Maps support forum.

Hit the Community tab at the top and make a post. You need to attach or link to official documentation supporting the change you are proposing. Copyright-free governmental maps are probably the best proof you can attach. Google does not like interactive Maps. 

You also need to document (screen shots) what road you suggested and the status (screen shot from your edit contribution list). 

Then maybe you will get help from one of the volunteer experts. But try to make it easy for them to escalate the problem. 

Best of luck
Morten

@Jesi maybe you can advice better here? 

Level 8

Thanks! I'll do that.

Level 10

Olá, @Lukelhm 

Duas dicas que funcionam comigo:

- Ao invés de desenhar toda a estrada de uma vez, desenhe por quadras, por partes. Requer paciência e acompanhamento;

- Na edição pelo telefone celular existe a opção "Más detalhes". Você pode enviar mais informações através do campo "más detalhes", e no caso de sua edição for revisada manualmente geralmente o revisor do Google (que geralmente não é um funcionário do Google) considera as informações. Texto sempre em inglês.

Veja o que você pode fazer. Faça fotos e/ou vídeos da rua.  Tire fotos das placas, do comércio etc. Se tiver links para órgãos oficiais que mencione as ruas etc. Coloque tudo isso junto em um único documento. Envie esse "dossiê" para o Google Drive. Gere um link. Na seção "más detalhes" diga ao revisor que o link informado por você há fotos e/ou vídeos e mais informações atualizados do local que você está mapeando. Lembre-se que o texto deve ser em inglês.

Screenshot_20230424_152457_Maps.jpgEu li que você disse que faz mapeamento no computador, mas experimente.

👉 MUITO IMPORTANTE

Veja se a região que você está mapeando tem cobertura Street View. Se houver,  observe se a partir da estrada que você está criando, do ponto de partida do seu desenho se há imagem do Street View. Se houver esse tipo de imagem observe se a partir da imagem de Street View o que é mostrado. Se for possível ver a estrada que você quer desenhar, ok. Se a partir do Street View não for possível ver o caminho que  você quer desenhar, é muito difícil conseguir esse tipo de aprovação.

Screenshot_20230424_153850_Maps.jpg

Captura de tela. Na imagem de satélite é possível ver um caminho para pedestres e ciclistas que pode ser desenhado.

Screenshot_20230424_154003_Maps.jpg

No local há imagem de Street View. Pela imagem de Street View é possível visualizar o caminho que vou desenhar. Então não terei problemas na aprovação. Se não fosse possível visualizar esse caminho pelo Street View, mesmo que a imagem estivesse desatualizada, a aprovação seria muito difícil, quase impossível. Isso vale para locais onde há imagem do Street View.

Sucesso

Gil 😊

*Message originally written in Brazilian Portuguese / Message écrit à l'origine en portugais brésilien / Mensaje escrito originalmente en portugués brasileño

Connect Moderator

Hallo, @Lukelhm 

I agree with @gmapas . Adding Road is an interesting exercise, and need to be done step by step, limiting the area of action. The reason is that the roads are pre-approved by an AI and, if something seems to be wrong, the whole edit will be rejected.

Limiting the edits to single portions connected to an existing road will limit/reduce the risk of rejection, and will increase the possibility of approval. When a segment is approved, you can attach another one two days after the approval.

Names are another story. Normally Google use the signs, if they are acquired directly on Street View.

Level 8

Hi.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Yes, some of the roads are seen from the Street View, but they were not in all the streets (they left behind the second most important avenue in the city) so not possible to do with all of them in that way.

Level 7
Level 7

Hi @Lukelhm 

Unfortunately, Google almost never approves edits when there are more than one road either added or edited.

The best is to add one street per edit. And wait for them to be approved before proceeding with the next street when another street needs the first one to be on the map first.

Google made this new desktop tool to make road addition and edition easier, but they cannot deal with edits that are more complex than one road for an unknown reason which destroys the usefulness of this tool. I tried to add or edit multiple streets at once in the past but after more than 90% of rejection I gave up. Not worth the time. I only make the smallest edits possible now, which works a bit better. Which is stupid, because instead of doing one edit that could be easily approved, I flood them of many smaller edits. But it works better, so I do like this. With Google, common sense is not really a thing...

Level 10

Oi, @Lukelhm 

Uma dica para o Fórum. Sempre que quiser responder alguém específico, use "@" (arroba) para marcar. 🙂

Veja a imagem abaixo:

Screenshot_20230425_012440_Maps.jpg

É as trilhas de um parque que passeio de bicicleta quando estou nessa cidade no verão. Estava incompleto e não interligado. 

Na primeira tentativa em 2021 desenhei tudo de uma única vez. Não foi aprovado. Algumas tentativas depois o mesmo desenho. Sempre negado.  Mais uns meses depois desenhei somente um trecho da trilha, curto e pequeno. Foi aprovado depois de uns três meses (ou mais). E assim desenhei todas as trilhas que você vê na captura. 

Com relação ao Street Views, vou explicar melhor. Veja se esse problema pode estar acontecendo com você. Se não estiver acontecendo com você fica de fica. Veja a imagem abaixo:

Screenshot_20230425_015457_Maps.jpg

*Captura de tela Imagem 1

Existe um estacionamento a esquerda (seta amarela)  que aparece na imagem de satélite. Existe a entrada de uma trilha a direita (marcação azul) que também aparece na imagem de satélite.O local tem cobertura do Street View. 

Screenshot_20230425_015623_Maps.jpg

*Captura de tela Imagem 2

Observe que a entrada do estacionamento (seta amarela) também aparece no Street View.

*Se eu fosse mapear esse estacionamento e sua entrada não teria muitos problemas, pois o "Revisor Manual" tem duas fontes de dados do próprio Google para confirmar o desenho, ou seja, imagem de satélite e do Street View.

Agora observe imagem do Street View abaixo.  Nessa imagem, no local que está desenhando a seta azul é que deveria estar a entrada da trilha marcado de azul na imagem  *Captura de tela Imagem 1 (acima).

Screenshot_20230425_015732_Maps.jpg

A imagem de satélite tem a trilha, mas a imagem do Street View não mostra a entrada dessa trilha. 

Observe se ao iniciar o desenho da sua estrada a partir de outra estrada se há Street View. (você já disse que tem em alguns trechos).

Observe se a  entrada da rua que você vai iniciar aparece na imagem Street View.  Caso a entrada não apareça no Street View e a entrada só aparece no satélite,  em casos assim a negação é quase sempre certa.

- Nestes casos, enviar um "dossiê" ajuda na revisão manual

Sucesso na sua empreitada de mapeamento e qualquer dúvida vai ser sempre um prazer auxiliar.

Gil

🙂

*Message originally written in Brazilian Portuguese / Message écrit à l'origine en portugais brésilien / Mensaje escrito originalmente en portugués brasileño